Dec 16, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday

I hate waiting...
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly blog post by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights releases we're eagerly awaiting.



Life in the outer realm is a lawless, dirty, hard existence, and Solara Brooks is hungry for it. Just out of the orphanage, she needs a fresh start in a place where nobody cares about the engine grease beneath her fingernails or the felony tattoos across her knuckles. She's so desperate to reach the realm that she's willing to indenture herself to Doran Spaulding, the rich and popular quarterback who made her life miserable all through high school, in exchange for passage aboard the spaceliner Zenith.

When a twist of fate lands them instead on the Banshee, a vessel of dubious repute, Doran learns he's been framed on Earth for conspiracy. As he pursues a set of mysterious coordinates rumored to hold the key to clearing his name, he and Solara must get past their enmity to work together and evade those out for their arrest. Life on the Banshee may be tumultuous, but as Solara and Doran are forced to question everything they once believed about their world--and each other--the ship becomes home, and the eccentric crew family. But what Solara and Doran discover on the mysterious Planet X has the power to not only alter their lives, but the existence of everyone in the universe...


I still need to read Melissa's first books, but this one has definitely caught my eye as well!!

TITLE: Starflight
AUTHOR: Melissa Landers

GENRE: Sci-Fi YA
PUBLISHER: Disney-Hyperion
RELEASE DATE: February 2, 2016





The enchantment continues. . . .

The universe of the Lunar Chronicles holds stories - and secrets - that are wondrous, vicious, and romantic. How did Cinder first arrive in New Beijing? How did the brooding soldier Wolf transform from young man to killer? When did Princess Winter and the palace guard Jacin realize their destinies?

With six stories - two of which have never before been published - and an exclusive never-before-seen excerpt from Marissa Meyer's upcoming novel, Heartless, about the Queen of Hearts from Alice in Wonderland, Stars Above is essential for fans of the bestselling and beloved Lunar Chronicles.





Looking forward to this one as I have yet to read all those stories! A compilation would do very nicely!

TITLE: Stars Above
AUTHOR: Marissa Meyer
PUBLISHER: Feiwel & Friends
GENRE: Sci-Fi/Fantasy YA
RELEASE DATE: February 2, 2016 

   


26 comments:

  1. I'm not big on short story collections so I may skip Stars Above, but the first one looks awesome!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes! Sci-fi favorites!!! :) Greta choices!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This are great picks. I want to read the new Melissa Landers series as well.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've not read Melissa's other books yet, but I will soon. Everyone is looking forward to Starflight.
    Nice picks! My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. so waiting for stars above!!!! just finished winter and I cannot wait. I really need more Thorn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great picks! I've heard lots of great things about both those authors, but I haven't read them myself. I hope to do so soon though. Thanks for stopping by my WoW post! :)

    Kim @ Divergent Gryffindor: BLOG || VLOG
    Waiting on Wednesdays || GIVEAWAY: Hardcover of Faking Normal by Courtney Stevens

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm also excited about Starflight! I've haven't read book 2 in her first series but I'm hoping to soon. I also haven't read the Lunar Chronicles but everyone says they're amazing so I might have to rethink that. Thanks so much for stopping by, Jessica ;)

    Zareena @ The Slanted Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't know these but I love that cover on Starflight!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait for Stars Above. I usually don't like these kinds of books, but I really need more info. Great picks!!!! My WoW http://angelerin.blogspot.com/2015/12/waiting-on-wednesday-beast-black-dagger.html?m=0

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm very excited about Starflight! It sounds like such a good read! And I really need to pick up something by Marissa Meyer.

    Magen Corrie @ Corrie the Book Crazed Girl

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh man, I still need to read Cinder lol!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes to both! I'm not ready for the Lunar Chronicles to be over. And I wasn't the biggest fan of Lander's Alienated but I have high hopes for this one! My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm not a huge sci-fi/fantasy fan. However, The Taking by Kimberly Derting and The Cage by Megan Shepherd were fantastic and I can't wait for the next books.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great picks this week! I am definitely waiting for these as well!
    Thanks for stopping by In Wonderland!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Both these sound really good, I do hope it lives up to those synopsis. Thanks for sharing and stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. both sounds promising. Hope that you get a chance to read it and enjoy soon.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm looking forward to Starflight too! I hope we both enjoy it! Great pick! Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Amazing choices! I can't wait for Stars Above because obviously I need more Lunar Chronicles in my life (P.S. have you seen the cover? It's gorgeous) and Starflight sounds like a fun space opera.
    Cassi @ My Thoughts Literally

    ReplyDelete
  19. I LOVED STARFLIGHT SOOOOO MUCH, JESSICA! I hope you enjoy these books when you get the chance to read them!

    Thanks for visiting my blog! Have a lovely week. :)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  20. SO MUCH YES to Stars Above!! It looks so amazing and I am DYING for more Lunar Chronicles! Starflight looks really interesting too! Great choices! :D

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I've seen Starflight before. Hope you enjoy it. Stars Above also sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  22. i'm getting staflight in the mail and i'm so excited to read it.. i haven't read her alienated books but this one sounds SO GOOD. I need to read Winter but i'm also super excited for Stars Above!

    - Juhina @ Maji Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love Melissa Landers, Jessica! And I am definitely waiting on Starflight, too. I hope you'll be able to get your hands on it soon.
    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  24. Yes, I'm excited for both of these! I love how pretty the cover for Starflight is too.

    Christina @ Books & Prejudice

    ReplyDelete
  25. Marissa Meyer... great choice! Always great to get more of her work... and the new series sounds interesting too... I'd like that glimpse!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Starflight sounds so good! Great picks this week.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!