Mar 6, 2022

Stacking the Shelves

 

Stacking the Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts, and of course ebooks! The meme is now hosted by Reading Reality.

 

I honestly can't even remember much of what happened this week. Work was slow, so that part of the week is a blur. I had my first local signing this weekend at a bookstore! It was just over 2 years to THE DAY since I've been to one in my city! It was just a signing this time around, so sadly no author chat and since the bookstore is super small, there's not a lot of room to stay and chat with other readers that won't interfere with the shoppers...as it was an extremely nice day out, so Main St. was CROWDED! But it was just sooooo nice to be able to go to a local signing! I went to YALLFest last year and drove up to Milwaukee for an in-person signing which was still a lot of fun, but it was also fun going somewhere nearby! My only struggle this time was to find parking! My usual lot was closed due to construction and the streets were already packed because of the weather, but I managed!


The week was almost a no-go for books, besides my book box ones until I went to the signing yesterday which had early copies of Mindy's newest book! I was so excited to snag one as I thought I'd be pre-ordering it there instead! So now I get to binge this series!


The Last Laugh by Mindy McGinnis--SIGNED!


Then I got my February Fairy Loot and Owl Crate boxes this week as well!

The FL one left me feeling a little lacking. I wasn't super excited for the book but thought I might try it eventually. The items were just kind of meh as well. I was excited to get the last two tarot cards to complete the deck though and thought it'd be better just to get this one than to have to struggle to find the cards afterwards.


I wanted the OC one last month as I knew what the book was and really liked the US cover and wanted to see what OC would do with it! It ended up being gorgeous, but everything else in the box was lackluster. 

I know they all say you can enjoy all the items no matter what fandom it represents, but I find that hard to believe based on the items you actually get. They're ones you would use publicly/show off on your shelves...so why would you want to show off a fandom you couldn't get into or flat-out didn't like?

 

Then I also got this gorgeous Deck of Destiny from Made With Attitude by Szynkaaa! And it's just gorgeous! The paper quality is superb and the designs are just amazing! I especially love the colored version of Jacks and Evangeline! 


Then I received my print from Enchanted Extras of Jacks and Evangeline designed by the lovely Jemlin_C! 

I've been collecting more and more Caraval/OUABH art lately and I just adore this piece!


Then I also received my newest Doll from Pages of the Night from Brittany's sale last week! I wanted to buy more of the OUABH ones too, but I told myself maybe next time! Instead I snagged a Valek for my Yelena that I bought last time around!



 

And that was it for me this week! Not too many books, but still got some awesome goodies! What did you all get this week?






No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!