Mar 29, 2022

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

 

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Purple Princess of The Purple Booker



Here are the rules:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.

 

"'Oh my god, I'm going to be killed by Kiefer Sutherland,' she whispered.

'Hey, you noticed,' the vampire holding her said. He turned. 'I told you someone would get the reference.'" p 52


 

 

 

 

 

 

TITLE: In Every Generation
AUTHOR: Kendare Blake

PUBLISHER: Disney-Hyperion
GENRE: YA Paranormal
RELEASE DATE: January 4, 2022

 


Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and The Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.

 

This week's topic is: 21st Century Books I Consider Think Will Become Classics (submitted by Lisa of Hopewell

 

*in no particular order

**I altered the topic slightly because even if certain books become "classics," if they weren't my favorite then I'm likely not to notice them becoming said classic. Does that make sense? So basically I chose favorite books of mine that when I say "it's a classic!" it refers to my lifetime/favorites/genre! Lol.


10. DEAD WITCH WALKING by Kim Harrison--I can still remember discovering her book at Target one day...only to realize after 15-20 pages that I was reading a book 2! Lol. An immediate trip to Borders was made!
9. HALFWAY TO THE GRAVE by Jeaniene Frost--a delightful discovery made at Borders when I was looking for a nice vampire read that was epic. Needless to say I found it!
8. BITTEN by Kelley Armstrong--before Urban Fantasy was big, there was Urban Fantasy! Lol. It took awhile for the genre to take off but man I enjoyed finding the greats before they were great!



7. BLOOD AND CHOCOLATE by Annette Curtis Klause--Although it's not technically 21st century, but that is when I read it and it's only 3 years off. Lol. If it helps, this particular edition was from September '99, so that's practically '00!
6. VAMPIRE ACADEMY by Richelle Mead--the ultimate classic in YA Paranormal! It's also the book that brought my back to YA because authors were FINALLY writing Paranormal books for teens!
5. KINGDOM OF THE WICKED by Kerri Maniscalco--I see this one being classic potential! It's one of those great upper YA books that can be a nice bridge to adult books. Plus, it was FREAKIN AWESOME!




4. OBSIDIAN by Jennifer L. Armentrout--what blogger wasn't obsessed with this book? I loved the fact that an author totally got book bloggers and the love for reading and added in some paranormal/sci-fi-y characters that were totally lovable and hate-able!
3. CRAVE by Tracy Wolff--I ADORE this series so much! It's like a better version of Harry Potter since everyone is a paranormal being! Yes, there are witches, but there is so much MORE!
2. DEMON IN MY VIEW by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes--of course the one that started it all is a steadfast classic on my shelf! True, to today's standard's this book would not hold up with many readers. It's under 200 pages, but at it's time it was pure freaking gold! Had more been added to the story I would've ate it up just as much!




Bet you all know what's coming at #1....

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*



1. CARAVAL by Stephanie Garber--Stephanie's entire world she created with this series is beyond epic and amazing and breath-taking. It's going to be the ultimate classic on my shelf!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!