Mar 1, 2022

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

 

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Purple Princess of The Purple Booker



Here are the rules:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.

 

Quick side note, when the word "Ather" is used, it's another name for Hell. ;)

 


"'Hold up,' I say, glancing around the empty kitchen. 'You're telling me a portal to'--I lower my voice to a whisper--'the Ather is in the back of a McDonald's?'" p 86

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

TITLE: Shadow of Light
AUTHOR: Molly E. Lee

PUBLISHER: Entangled Teen
GENRE: YA Paranormal
RELEASE DATE: November 30, 2021



Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and The Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.

 

This week's topic is: Top Ten Books I Enjoyed But Never Mentioned on My Blog

 

*in no particular order
**these are the pre-blogging day reads!


10. DEAD WITCH WALKING by Kim Harrison--one of my first "adult" books I read! Some of the later books from this series are on my blog, but not the first one.
9. WHAT'S A GHOUL TO DO? by Victoria Laurie--along the lines of Kim's book! I started this series before my blog and reviewed later ones on my blog here!
8. DEAD UNTIL DARK by Charlaine Harris--sadly, Goodreads has the later edition of the book up with its new series name. It was once called the Southern Vampire Mystery series! This was one I enjoyed in its early days when it was actually a mystery series!



7. SNOW by Tracy Lynn--one of my first fairy tale retelling series! This was my favorite from the bunch as it was such a unique take on Snow White!
6. POISON STUDY by Maria V. Snyder--the first trilogy didn't make it onto my blog, but Maria's later books did! I looooved this series and all her books! They were so magical and fantastic!
5. THE FORBIDDEN GAME by L.J. Smith--one of my teen reads that I adored! I read this before Vampire Diaries actually. It amazes me that I found this even then since the books were published in the 90s!





4. OLD MAGIC by Marianne Curley--another favorite read of mine from my early days! I really ought to re-read it and review it here!
3. BLOOD & CHOCOLATE by Annette Curtis Klause--one of my most favorite werewolf books ever! I ought to review this one here too at some point! Sadly its movie did not live up to the book. It was soooo vastly different. I'd say just read the book and skip the movie.
2. SHADOWLAND by Jenny Carroll (aka Meg Cabot)--another very early days read for me! I loooooved this series and I positively ECSTATIC that Netflix is making the first book into a movie! If it does well, there's the possibility of them doing MORE!! This series was fun for me, looking back I'd call it a young Veronica Mars (before the show even started) but with ghosts!



1. DEMON IN MY VIEW by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes--the one that started it all...lol. I always call this book by that title! This is another book I feel like I ought to re-read and review here. But since it's several years old now, I feel like it won't live up to today's standards. But I still love it to pieces!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!