Oct 5, 2023

Books from the Backlog #51

 

Books from the Backlog is a fun way to feature some of those neglected books sitting on your bookshelf unread.  If you are anything like me, you might be surprised by some of the unread books hiding in your stacks. This meme is hosted by Carole's Random Life in Books!

 

After years in Wonderland, Alice has returned to England as an adult, desperate to reclaim sanity and control over her life. An enigmatic gentleman with an intriguing job offer too tempting to resist changes her plans for a calm existence, though. Soon, she’s whisked to New York and initiated into the Collectors’ Society, a secret organization whose members confirm that famous stories are anything but straightforward and that what she knows about the world is only a fraction of the truth.

It’s there she discovers villains are afoot—ones who want to shelve the lives of countless beings. Assigned to work with the mysterious and alluring Finn, Alice and the rest of the Collectors’ Society race against a doomsday clock in order to prevent further destruction . . . but will they make it before all their endings are erased?

 

 

 

I added The Collector's Society by Heather Lyons to my TBR in February of 2015...that was a pretty busy week actually based on my Goodreads numbers! Lol! This one sounded incredible! An adult Alice, a changed Wonderland? I LOVE those kinds of stories! But alas, it remains unread. I blame the fact that it's on my kindle and kindle reads are always forgotten because they cannot be seen. They do not stare and judge my like my physical TBR pile does! Lol. I do need to make a better effort of reading this one just because of its awesomeness!

 

 

 

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!