Oct 8, 2023

Stacking the Shelves--A Mailbox Full of Happiness

 

Stacking the Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts, and of course ebooks! The meme is now hosted by Reading Reality


I survived another week! Literally! All went well with the job front. We had a 9am call (which is 2 hours after I officially start, as I tend to log in around 45 min earlier to check email and tickets) in which I agonized over what the news was going to be. It didn't help that I was the first one on said call 4 minutes early and everyone else was slower to arrive, I kept thinking this was it...I'm not going to make it...but then within minutes our greater team leader told us we were all safe. I've been here almost 2 years now and I'm still not 100% clear on our team hierarchy kind of thing. More in terms of who all out there is on THE team. We have our smaller teams I feel like from the main team...so it gets a wee bit confusing at times, especially since we're all remote...and in different states. But yes, it was huge relief to know that I was still employed and not going to have be in a state of fretting again. Honestly, after that, the rest of the week became a blur! We're ramping up into our busy season, but luckily our direct team is even fuller than last year, so we'll be in a good place. In bookish news, holy cow! This Tuesday was a HUGE release day! I had ordered a few too many books during B&N's preorder sale as I lost count of how many were actually ordered but they all arrived this week! Plus a few Fairy Loot editions!

 

Here's what I got:




Prince of Thorns & Nightmares by Linsey Miller
Midnight Showing by Megan Shepherd
Curious Tides by Pascale Lacelle--
B&N edition
Throne of the Fallen by Kerri Maniscalco--
B&N edition
Throne of the Fallen by Kerri Maniscalco
A Twisted Tale Anthology edited by Elizabeth Lim
Starling House by Alix E. Harrow


My Fairy Loot special editions that arrived this week were:



 

Foxglove by Adalyn Grace--FL edition
Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead--
FL edition
Frost Bite by Richelle Mead--
FL edition
Shadow Kiss by Richelle Mead--
FL edition

 

Then I won a contest from Jennifer Estep and received a SIGNED book and an Amazon gift card!

 

Conquer the Kingdom by Jennifer Estep--SIGNED!

 

THANK YOU Jennifer!



Then for review from the publisher I received:

The Ruined by Renee Ahdieh (ARC)


THANK YOU Penguin Teen!



Then I received some preorder goodies swag from two authors:


From Ava Reid I received:

character cards
a SIGNED bookplate
character art


THANK YOU Ava!




From Delilah S. Dawson I received:

bookmarks
a sticker
a SIGNED bookplate
a postcard

 

THANK YOU Delilah!



And then I bought one of Erin A. Craig's hand-sewn ghost mug rugs because they are just so cute!


 
 


Then last week I forgot to include one of my new map purchases, as I had tucked it somewhere safe and just totally forgot to snap a picture! I bought yet another map from Fantasy Scrolls, mainly because it was on sale! Lol.

the map from Once Upon a Broken Heart of The Magnificent North!
bonus items of a small map of Valenda & a bookmarkish item that had Caraval on it, so I kept it! Lol!




Then lastly, I bought two t-shirts when they were on sale from my usual "dealer," because they were bookish and I had been eyeing them at the time!

One looks like the classic Disney logo with the words READ BOOKS
the second says I Love Books with a FOX sleeping on books...yes, I had OUABH in mind when I saw this! So it was perfect! Lol.



And that was it for me this week! It was a mailbox full of happiness this week that's for sure! What did you get this week?









No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!