Oct 1, 2023

Stacking the Shelves--Signed Goodness & Looming Dread

 

Stacking the Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts, and of course ebooks! The meme is now hosted by Reading Reality


Well it was another week! It was a mix of ups and downs. The ups were definitely having not one, but TWO book signings to attend! It was a blast! Wednesday I went to meet John Connolly! I read his The Book of Lost Things ages ago, before I started blogging and I couldn't remember a lot about it, but I remember enjoying it and he just released a sequel, so even though there was a Fierce Reads event for the same night, I went to see him instead! He's also from Ireland, so you know, International authors have to trump multi-authors who were all new to me ones anyway! Lol. It was a fun night! Then Friday I got to see Shelby Mahurin again! She was here last month as a guest author with J. Elle, but now I got to get my copies of The Scarlet Veil signed...because yes, I bought 2. I had preordered the B&N edition and then thought might as well pick up the original one for touring purposes! Lol! Her baby girl was in the audience as well, and she was soooo cute! Lol! As for the downs of the week, we were informed that our company will be letting 2,000 employees go (across the US)...so to say I'm freaking out is putting it mildly. I'd like to say I should be relatively safe as we just hired 3 new people this week for my immediate "team" and we hired another new person on the "greater team" area. So hopefully my little bit of seniority I have should hopefully keep me safe...but it doesn't feel like a guarantee. I believe they told us Monday we'll all know...so please send me all the good vibes and luck! I really like this job and had thought I finally found my place in the working world and then this just hit when I'm just a month and a half away from 2 years in. So yes, please, any good luck and wishes, and just all around positive vibes would be much appreciated!


Well, despite the bit of downer news, the week was relatively wonderful! I just wish this layoff thing didn't have to happen at all. But anyway, here's what I got this week:











The Land of Lost Things by John Connolly--SIGNED!
The Scarlet Veil by Shelby Mahurin--
SIGNED!
The Scarlet Veil by Shelby Mahurin--
B&N edition SIGNED!
Fall of Ruin and Wrath by Jennifer L. Armentrout--
SIGNED! I talked myself out of the B&N edition and got the standard edition signed! Very happy with my choice! Lol.
I Feed Her to the Beast & the Beast is Me by Jamison Shea--
SIGNED! While I couldn't attend this event, I did find a signed copy at the bookstore when I went there for Shelby's event on Friday, so I made an impulse decision! Lol.
Outcasts by Josephine Angelini--
apparently my preorder shipped early...still need to read the one before this but yay! Also loooving this cover, now I feel like I need to dive in my storage unit to find my corresponding Greek sculptures to make a picture with this one. The only problem is finding said box!


I also got my Fairy Loot YA book for September! This book wasn't on my radar but after reading what it was about, I got pretty excited for it!


The cover is really pretty and I think it's alternative, but it might just be more of a color thing. The design on the hardcover itself isn't bad, I guess I just wish the hardcover itself could be matte instead of glossy. The endpages are pretty as are the sprayed edges. So all in all, a gorgeous book!



Then my signed copy of Fall of Ruin and Wrath came with a bunch of pretty swag:

I got a DO NOT DISTURB door sign
a sticker
the preorder bookmark
and a two sided art printish thing that has Jemlin C's gorgeous artwork on it!




Then I got my August, I think it was, cupcake pin from A Touch of Magic Designs! This one was for The Stolen Heir! I still need to read that one but since it's still a duology from what I last heard, I was holding off reading it for sanity's sake!




And that was it for me! An otherwise perfect week...except for the looming bad news. Really hoping I'm saved. Well wishes and luck are appreciated! Lol.

What all did you get?








No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!