Oct 19, 2023

Books from the Backlog #53

 

Books from the Backlog is a fun way to feature some of those neglected books sitting on your bookshelf unread.  If you are anything like me, you might be surprised by some of the unread books hiding in your stacks. This is a fun meme hosted by Carole's Random Life in Books!

 

A look into the paranormal legends, lore, mythology, and monsters featured on the hit television show Supernatural .

From angels to demons, The Mythology of Supernatural explores the religious roots and the ancient folklore of the otherworldly entities that brothers Sam and Dean Winchester face on the hit television show Supernatural —and that have inhabited the shadows of human imagination across countless cultures and centuries.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I added The Mythology of Supernatural by Nathan Robert Brown to my TBR pile in February of 2015. It actually may have been a Christmas gift...or maybe a 6 month blogger exchange that was like Christmas once a month? Lol. So I can't remember the exact when, but I added it to my list because I was addicted to the show that was still running strong after 10 years, though based on the book's publication it was more like 5 years of episodes. But there were some creatures and myths I was familiar with in those early days and some that were new to me so when I saw this book I was immediately intrigued! I still want to read it at some point because I am curious about what myths and legends they drew inspiration from!

 

 

 
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!