Oct 13, 2023

Re-Re-Review--Once Upon a Broken Heart by Stephanie Garber

 

How far would you go for happily ever after?

For as long as she can remember, Evangeline Fox has believed in true love and happy endings... until she learns that the love of her life will marry another.

Desperate to stop the wedding and to heal her wounded heart, Evangeline strikes a deal with the charismatic but wicked Prince of Hearts. In exchange for his help, he asks for three kisses, to be given at the time and place of his choosing.

But after Evangeline’s first promised kiss, she learns that bargaining with an immortal is a dangerous game—and that the Prince of Hearts wants far more from her than she’d pledged. He has plans for Evangeline, plans that will either end in the greatest happily ever after or the most exquisite tragedy...

 

 

 

Yes my friends, you are seeing that right! I've re-read Once Upon a Broken Heart by Stephanie Garber once more! Stephanie is the first author I've broken my "no time for re-reading books" rule since I went to a handful of RT conferences and received sooo many books, some of which I still haven't read yet! With about 600 or so books I want to read, I don't usually allow myself the luxury of re-reads anymore, but with Stephanie's books I feel compelled to do just that! Mainly so I can dive into the final book of this trilogy later this month!

So since there are already two reviews of this book on my blog, what more can I add to them? Well, I don't know! I am still deeply in love with this book, the characters, the world, the storyline...it's all so magical! It's easy to be swept away into everything like it's the first time too! Of course, as I was reading I did pick up on little things that I might not have realized of their importance the first time around, so that was fun too! Of course with my job kicking gear into the busy season, it's taking me the week to read said books, so yeah, I might still slip up on some memory recall things, but hopefully it won't effect my reading of A Curse for True Love!

If you've known me for any time at all in these last few years, you know I've become healthily obsessed with Stephanie Garber's books! lol. Caraval swept me away and held me enchanted and each book after that has gripped me even tighter and mesmerized me even more! With this new spinoff series, I found that same enchantment but in a new light...one that is rose-gold! *wink wink*

Evangeline is a different kind of heroine from Scarlett and Tella. I loved those two, but I love Evangeline as well! I honestly can't pick a favorite, so please don't ask me to! Evangeline has always wanted love and happy endings. She loved her parents relationship and she wanted that kind of love for herself. But when her beloved, Luc, is set to marry her stepsister, Evangeline is heartbroken and makes a deal with a Fate, but not just any Fate, she choose Jacks, for he is the Fate of heartbreak. 

But when her deal with Jacks goes sideways, Evangeline finds herself taking on the curse that was meant for her stepsister, Marisol, and Luc. But as you might figure, Evangeline comes back and after a lovely meeting with the Dragna sisters, she is off to the Magnificent North to attend Apollo's Nocte Neverending, where the prince will seek out his bride.

Soon begins a whirlwind of adventure that Evangeline could have never imagined possible! She encounters the world in which all her late mother's stories came from. It is like coming home for her, but naturally, not everything can go well for her and soon everything falls apart. Starting with Jacks coming back to claim his favor that she owes him, kissing three people of his choosing and Apollo is first on the list!

The best word to describe this book, and the series, and the author herself, is magical! This book was pure magic and captures the essence of fairy tales, magic, love, and happy endings. Of course, this one doesn't quite end on a happy ending, but well, we all know every story has the possibility for infinite endings! All the things we've learned about stories and endings will come to fore with this trilogy and I am eager to dive into the second installment once more as I impatiently wait for the third and finale book.



Overall Rating 5/5 stars







No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!