Jan 19, 2024

Book Blogger Hop #289

 

 
This meme is hosted by Billy at Ramblings of a Coffee Addict!
 
 
 
This week's question is: Have you ever loved a book that everyone else hated or hated a book that everyone else loved? (submitted by Billy @ Coffee Addicted Writer






MY ANSWER: Oh yes! I'm sure it happened many a time! It's harder to say in more recent years since the blogging/reviewing world kind of came to crashing end. But I feel like I read more "meh" reviews for Janet B. Taylor's Into the Dim whereas I was totally captivated by it! I thought it was a lot of fun and enjoyed it. Still devastated that the final book never got published. Another travesty to add to the many, many series I encountered that took that path.


 
As for the opposite, I can name one too! I absolutely could not stand Sarah J. Maas' Throne of Glass. It just wasn't the fantasy read I was expecting after reading all these rave reviews. I was positively bored with it and only finished it because my friend had given it to me for Christmas. I know people kept telling me to "read the next one" "it gets better!" But sadly, if book 1 can't even hook me a little, I'm out! But I did eventually like Sarah's other books. Just this first series of hers was not my cup of tea...or really hot chocolate since I don't like tea either. Lol.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!