Jan 24, 2024

Let's Discuss--Name Challenge

Okay, so I don't know exactly what challenge you want to call this! I was just scrolling through Threads one day last week and saw this and thought, THAT LOOKS LIKE FUN! So you know me, I decide to save it for later and make a post about it!

From the gist of things you basically spelling out your name and then whatever task corresponds with the letters you chose a book that fits it!

So I saw this on Threads and it appears to have been created by @library.w.rolling.ladder! Seemed mostly like a Threads/Instagram post but I wanted to talk lenghy-like about it so here we are! Lol.





J 

Jumped to the Front of Your TBR Pile

As of today as I write this post, (which as you're reading it now, it would've been over the weekend!), I just got this one in the mail and I will be reading it after my next two books. I'm binging a trilogy right now, but immediately after I want to read this one because it's Kate Alice Marshall! I love her books! Even though I am always behind! lol


E 

Everyone Loves But You Didn't

Ironically I just talked about this one in the Book Blogger Hop on Friday too! Everyone seems to love this series. I gave book 1 a try when a friend gave it to me for Christmas some years ago. Read it and was bored to tears. People kept telling me they get better but if I am not the least bit hooked by a book I won't give the rest of the series a try. I just can't. Too many books on the TBR for a second chance. But I do like Maas' other books, it was just this series that wasn't a winner.


S

 Should Be Taught in School

Now, I've know way of knowing if this is in any school curriculum. It probably is since it's a classic. But I feel like getting back to early origins of the vampire in literature would be fun! I even took a class once on the history of witches and vampires. It was a class made for me! Lol.


S

Should be Taught in School

So I'm thinking of an elective class, i.e. not required, but one where you read historical fiction books blended with paranormal/fantasy elements. Books that take real events from history and spin them on their heads! I would SO sign up for this class! I feel like this series would be a lot of fun since historical moments did happen, just not in the way we were taught!


I

Is the Book You'd Pick on a Stranded Island

So unless I can get someone to make a custom bind up of all the Caraval books (including the unreleased novella!) I would settle for Legendary! I ADORED Tella! She was my favorite of the sisters and I just loved her feisty attitude! I could happily re-read this one while I wait for the rescue boat...but yeah a bindup of all 3.5 books would be great before this strandedness happens!


C

Caused a Reading Slump

Uh, I really don't have time for reading slumps! I've around 600 books piled up that I really really want to read! So yeah, I've never really had one of those! I just move onto the next book. But perhaps this one left me a bit forlorn as I didn't want to leave the world so soon! Especially after those bonus scenes post credits that Stephanie teased us with!


A

A Friend Recommended to You

I can't remember which blogger it was who recommended this one to me, as I believe she has retired from blogging, but I remember reading her review and liking the sounds of this one! So I went out and bought it...I still haven't read it, but I still want to! Lol. I even bought the rest of the series up as well...mainly because my beloved Borders was closing and you know, book sales...plus member discount so I couldn't say no!











No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!