Jan 30, 2024

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

 

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Purple Princess of The Purple Booker



Here are the rules:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.

 

 

"'Oh, I'm not the one getting off the ship to get her, Your Highness.' He smiles viciously. 'You are.'" p 403

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

TITLE: Destroy the Day
AUTHOR: Brigid Kemmerer

PUBLISHER: Bloomsbury YA
GENRE: YA Fantasy
RELEASE DATE: January 23, 2024



Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and The Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together. 



This week's topic is: Top 10 New-to-Me Authors I Discovered in 2023


*in no particular order



10. AVA REID--sadly this was a miss for me. I'm always excited for Owl Crate's September pick, but this was an utter disappointment.
9. AMY GOLDSMITH--
this one was wonderful! Spooky, mysterious, and just a hint of supernatural!
8. AMY CHRISTINE PARKER--
another hit and super spooky!



7. SABRINA BLACKBURRY--a hit! I picked this one up because the cover was sooo pretty and I loved it! The author is semi-local too!
6. SARAH BETH DURST--
I've seen this author around for years but this title finally caught my eye! It was a hit too!
5. REBECCA YARROS--
yeah, I jumped on that train too! Definitely a hit!



4. HANNAH WHITTEN--this one was somewhere in between hit or miss. I liked it, but some of the flowerly language made it hard to understand what was happening sometimes.
3. MICHELLE JABES CORPORA--
sadly this one was a miss. It just wasn't the spooky story I had hoped for.
2. TESSA BAILEY--
another in between one. I know the author is more famous for her contemporary romances, but I discovered this older series of her that involved vampires and I liked it, but it needed a little more depth. Still fun though!



1. SUZANNE YOUNG--another author I was familiar with but don't think I read anything, but I might have some odd years ago. But I am calling this my first book by her as I positively LOVED it!











No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!