Jan 23, 2024

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

 

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Purple Princess of The Purple Booker



Here are the rules:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.

 

"'Don't worry,' he says. 'The carriage can withstand a few bolts from a crossbow.'

Well, I wasn't worried about that until now." p 65


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

TITLE: Defend the Dawn
AUTHOR: Brigid Kemmerer

PUBLISHER: Bloomsbury YA
GENRE: YA Fantasy
RELEASE DATE: September 20, 2022



Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and The Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together. 


This week's topic is: Top 10 Books I Meant to Read in 2023 but Didn't Get To



*in no particular order


10. COLD HEARTED by Serena Valentino--always hoping to get caught up in this series...always failing to do so!
9. DAMSEL by Evelyn Skye--
I wanted to read this before the Netflix movie premiered, then the movie was delayed and then other books happened!
8. NINTH HOUSE by Leigh Bardugo--
always meaning to get caught up with her books!



7. THE POISONER'S RING by Kelley Armstrong--forever behind on her books too! She writes freaky fast! Lol.
6. DEMONS OF GOOD AND EVIL by Kim Harrison--
first time I ever fell behind on her books. I feel so ashamed!
5. KISS OF THE SELKIE by Tessonja Odette--
always meaning to pick this one up and then other things happen. Mostly events that I try preparing in advance for!



4. DIRTY LYING DRAGONS by Sabrina Blackburry--really wanted to read this after I read the first book but somehow got caught up on something else...like always!
3. FOXGLOVE by Adalyn Grace--
not sure what I was doing when this one released that prevented me from reading it. Possibly reading some scary books? I don't even remember!
2. ON THESE BLACK SANDS by Vanessa Rasanen--
had planned to read this before I went to a super awesome event, but sadly that got canceled so it slipped further down my TBR pile after that.



1. THE RETURN by Jennifer L. Armentrout--every year I say I will read this series and every year I somehow fail!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!