Jan 7, 2024

Stacking the Shelves

 

Stacking the Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts, and of course ebooks! The meme is now hosted by Reading Reality.

 

I survived the first week of 2024! It wasn't as stressful as I thought it would be. We're still in our steady season at work and will be until the end of the summer when things pick back up again. It's not a bad setup all things considered. The week was just kind of meh as well. Isn't the first week of the year usually like that? I think I only mistyped the date once or twice in the four days that I worked! Progress! Lol. Finally got my B&N order from the after Christmas sale as well! No idea why it took so long and another one I placed came lickity split! It was crazy...especially since I wanted to know if I got the first print run on one of them! And I did! So whew! Lol! Really not much to report. I do have 2 signings coming up later this month that I am excited for and even another 2 planned for February! So 2024 is off to a pretty decent start!

 

Here's what I got this week from B&N's sale:

The Forest Grimm by Kathryn Purdie--I was originally going to read my FL edition first and then maybe buy this one later, but then I saw it was half off at B&N and then I noticed the pretty hidden cover under the dust jacket and I already loved the look of this cover...so I spent my gift card on it! Lol.
The St. Ambrose School for Girls by Jessica Ward--
I originally thought I would just wait for the paperback at this point, but then I noticed its retail price was $18 and the hardcover was on sale $14 so I just thought why not? I used one whole gift card on these two books and only had $.50 left to pay for! It was wonderful! Lol.

 

Then an Instagram friend traded Mini Brands Books with me! From what I could see of the options all I wanted was one of The Vampire Diaries covers, particularly the ones without Paul Wesley as I wanted one of the "original" novels stories albeit not original cover! Lol. Luckily I had one that I didn't need to keep and my friend had this one:


THANK YOU Valerie!



Then when out and about this weekend, I saw this little cutie at TJ Maxx marked down to $5 and thought one can never have enough stuffed pink foxes! Lol.


I look forward to the day I can have more bookcases and a home of my own so I can have everything properly displayed! Really hope 2024 can be my year!



And that was it for me this week! A nice quiet week in the book world which is nice. I feel like B&N will have a preorder sale soon and I will be spending my gift cards pretty quickly! Lol! 

What all did you get this week?







No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!