Jan 28, 2024

Stacking the Shelves

 

Stacking the Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts, and of course ebooks! The meme is now hosted by Reading Reality.

 

It was quite the week this week! First off Monday started with an icy rain that was more annoying than anything. It postponed my author event, but luckily the author got it rescheduled to the end of the tour instead of the beginning. This meant instead of getting my book a day early I had to wait until release day, which also meant that I went over 24 hours without reading anything!! Needless to say I took my lunch break early on Tuesday to run to B&N and buy a copy since the bookstore was further out than the nearest B&N! Lol! That itself was a doozie of a trip too as the store opened 2 minutes late, which when you're timing yourself to get in and out asap, 2 minutes is a LOT! Then I had trouble finding the book! There was not table of copies in the YA section like I expected, but luckily there was ONE copy on the shelf! I am sure there had to be a table somewhere, but the copy I found was in excellent condition so I took it! Lol. Then it was a matter of waiting a few minutes more for someone to come to the registers. So needless to say it was a harrowing week in the first 48 hours! Lol! Well, really I guess it was harrowing in the first 33 hours (starting Monday that is!). Other than that the week was decent. Nothing too exciting until yesterday when I got to see Brigid Kemmerer again! She came here back at A Heart So Fierce and Broken and I remember driving to Milwaukee one weekend to see her, so that had to be for A Vow So Bold and Deadly since my copy of Forging Silver Into Stars was unsigned...I had one Defy the Night signed, but I couldn't remember if that was what she toured for then or not. It's possible, as it was post pandemic as I remember we weren't able to take pictures with her or maybe we had to wait until the end and since my family drove me to the signing, I didn't want to make them wait longer for me and I had a picture of her before, so yeah, that was it! Lol.

But yes, the signing was basically the highlight of my week and the cancellation was the most devastating part of my week! 


Here's what I ended up getting this week:





Emily Wilde's Maps of the Otherlands by Heather Fawcett--my copy FINALLY arrived super late! I had given up hope of ever seeing this one!
Until the Stars Fall by Vanessa Rasanen--
I kinda splurged on this one awhile back! I preordered this super special limited edition from the author herself. I still need to read her first trilogy but this one sounded really good and I had a moment of weakness and just bought it when limited preorders went up for sale! Lol.


Destroy the Day by Brigid Kemmerer--SIGNED! I forgot to snap a picture of that and am writing this post late at night and am just too tired to take it. But it was signed! Lol!



Then I got the January Fairy Loot book! I always find it funny when Fairy Loot and Owl Crate have the same book in the same month. So I skipped OC since I liked the UK look better anyway, and the cover is just a difference of color. Which I generally like a difference in color, but I honestly like the OG UK cover better! So yeah, FL kind of missed the mark on this one for me. 



Despite all that commentary I am still leaving this one as a surprise. I don't know how many people go looking for spoilers for titles and appearances, but while I do tend to look ahead for title picks, I like the surprise of its appearance myself. So I won't share that here...or even the title should someone else not have seen it yet!


Then I won a B&N gift card form the 2023 Series Enders Reading Challenge!


THANK YOU Sandy & Holly!



Then I got my preorder gift for The Ruined! It was a long wait for this one and I think I had to submit my form twice since the release date changed on us a few times!


THANK YOU Penguin Teen!



Then it seems my December A Touch of Magic Designs order got shipped in multiple packages as I did receive 2 separate notices about the items inside each shipment. So oddly, I just got a print in my first one! The next order is 3 sets of standees!


I think this was meant to be an October print but stuff happened and it came up late, but naturally I bought it anyway as it was a OUABH print with Eva and Jacks and then the two as Gomez and Morticia from The Addams Family!




And that was it for me this week! What all did you get?







No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!