Jul 14, 2024

Stacking the Shelves


 
Stacking the Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts, and of course ebooks! The meme is now hosted by Reading Reality.

 

I'm not doing so good on sleep these days! I try to go to bed early as I know it takes me ages to fall asleep. My mind can just shutdown easily, so I "lay down" in bed early and just try to rest and let the thoughts run. But yeah. I'm just tired. Even on weekends when I don't have to worry about getting up early, I still can't fall asleep easily! It's nearly 6pm as I write this and I am exhausted. Of course, I did have to wake up at 5am to get myself together to make the long drive to get my oil change. You might ask why drive so far away for an oil change? Well, where I bought my car there were some issues before during the buying process so they comped me 6 oil changes! So you know, gotta drive to where it's free! Lol. So combined needing to wake up early 6 days this week with sleep issues some nights or at least last night for some reason, that makes a very tired Jessica! Lol. Otherwise the week was the usual sort. Nothing exciting, nothing dreadful. The BIGGEST surprise of all was when my B&N preorder arrived on TUESDAY...which was RELEASE DAY! It was SHOCKING! I saw that the "it's shipped" emails were coming in early, but I thought they were just pulling my leg or something so I didn't even really check them after that initial glance and then BAM! Tuesday my book was in the mailbox! Now if only they could keep this up! At least through October! But in reality, keep it up for the rest of time! Lol.

 

Here's what I got this week:

 


 

These Deathless Shores by P.H. Low--this literally just popped up in my Instagram feed from Orbit books this week (it also just released on Tuesday) and when I read what it was about I was immediately intrigued. Then B&N had their double stamps promo, so I thought, why not? Sadly, it was the last copy that I could find and it had a minor bent corner but since I really wanted to get it, I thought oh well. The cashier thought it was interesting too and snapped a pic! Then we had a short chat about other Peter Pan/Hook tales!
The Darkness Within Us by Tricia Levenseller
The Ballad of Never After by Stephanie Garber--
this is the German Bucherbuchse edition! I just loved these stained glass edges! It's so pretty! I cannot wait to see what they do with ACFTL!



Then in Evelyn Skye's newsletter she was giving away signed bookplates and stickers, so I thought why not? I might have a book of hers that needs a "signature!"




THANK YOU Evelyn!!



Then I broke down and bought another t-shirt...well technically 2, but the one from Target wasn't book related, but man was it a steal! It was a clearance shirt AND I got 30 or 40% off of that so it was only $5! It was The Powerpuff Girls villains! It was in a size too big but I thought I don't care! I'll wear it around the house as a "lazy day" shirt! For $5 you can't complain! Lol.

But then this shirt...this one was bookish and somewhat on sale, not $5 but less than its usual $15 price tag. I think it was $13?


It's Belle done in red and black (so her dress is amazing!) and there's an open book right there on the bottom with 2 little skulls and creepy candlesticks and ravens...! You can see why I liked this one! It's titled: Brave Beauty!




And that was it for me this week! I placed way too many preorders over the last few days because of B&N's sale. I'm likely to cancel a few when I see authors go on their fall tours...these are my "just in case" orders. What all did you get? 

Did you take part in B&N's preorder sale? I think it's still going til the 17th if I read that correctly, which seems odd as I thought it was usually just a 3 day affair. This gives me way too much time to second-guess myself and order more...I don't like that. Lol. I can't remember if they have one towards the end of the year or if they wait til January? January would be good, I'll have more gift cards then! Lol.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!