Jul 22, 2024

The Olympic Book Tag

 

I saw this fun tag over at It Starts at Midnight and thought it looked like fun! And since we're nearing the Olympic Games I thought it even more perfect to give it a try now! Lol. I borrowed the all the graphics from Shannon since she had them ready and gorgeous and I have no tech savvy!

 

 



I'd give you the first line if I had it on hand but it basically talked about how hard it was to bury a dead body! Lol.






After seeing that prompt I knew right away which book to choose! In this one Rachel goes on a cross country roadtrip! I loved that when Kim went on Tour, she visited all these cities! So she came to St. Louis and apologized for what she did to our Arch! Lol.





I can't remember a love triangle ever having me more conflicted, though I did feel like I had my "choice" solidified before this one ended. Loooved that fans were actually able to vote to choose who Layla should end up with! That was epic! And yes, I was happy about who "won!"




I still need to finish this series but I remember thinking that this was pretty rich in culture! Dealing with the ancient druids, it explored some pretty good mythology too (I want to say Norse, but again it's been almost 10 years since I read from it).




I really can't remember why, but I do remember struggling with this series for some reason. I still read it all through, but it was just tough for some reason.




Another Angelini title! This was a really good mystery and I remember it took place during the summer!




This series had a lot of sword fighting and some backstabbing too! It was insanely good and I can't believe the publisher didn't want a third set! :(




One of my all time favorite reeds because of the insane twists and turns this book took on! Omg, it was sooo good and twisty!





OMG, this book terrified me! Because this SO could happen in real life today any day and it's terrifying! We just had a whole technological glitch last week that sent everything spiraling and I feel like we are getting closer and closer to this book being a reality. Now I need to reread it to figure out how to survive...and find a super tech smart person who can do the actual world-saving!




I don't read too many books that get "deep." But I read this one last year as it was by one of my favorite authors who writes under a lot of names and I still have quite a few of her books read because of that! Anyway, this one dealt with a teenage girl who was hearing voices in her head and having lapses in memory. It became clear she had DID and having did a paper on this once before I found the book to be very deep and profound. It was heavy stuff.




This one came in at 279 pages and was a very entertaining and chilling and twisty mystery!




Houck's books are always epically long and rather rich in culture too! According to Goodreads this one was 826 pages, but I have found their numbers to be off, but since my copy is in storage that number will have to do!




I don't think I will ever get over that ending!




Since this series is still at the top of my mind, I will say that these first three books did tend to have a slower pace. It still picked up every now and then but then it trickled back down to slow.




I guess we'll define childhood loosely. A favorite as a young teen was definitely this gem! Being one of the few vampire books I owned, I reread it endlessly!




Borrowing this one from Shannon! Lol. I still need to read the sequel but I do remember all the adorable animals in this one!




Old school choice here! I remember for some reason, I just struggled with this one. I wanted to love it because I loved all Richelle's previous books but this one was just hard for me to get into and I honestly can't even remember what it was about.





I just loved M.J. and Gilley! They were a perfect pair of besties in this series and I can't wait for their "reunion" book that Victoria just wrote this year! And I still need to read Gilley's series with Abby's sister too! 





Well sadly, I don't get to travel all that much and when I do, it's 99% somewhere driveable! But with this book I have bought it in many, many languages from all over the world. So this title came from all over the world to get to me. It's kind of close, right? Lol.

 

 



I mean obviously! I loved Caraval, but Tella really won me over! Her part of the story as a whole was my favorite in this world!

 

 

 


 

I feel like this one ended pretty perfectly! Yes, at the time we still had questions, but we got some pretty good answers with the latest trilogy! But I was pretty happy with how things ended here!










This took some thinking as most of the fight scenes from books I read are more gladiator style so they wouldn't be "Olympic" game variety! Lol. But I do believe Tempest does some swimming in this one when she's not surfing!












No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!