Nov 14, 2013

Follow Friday

This is a weekly blog meme hosted by Parajunkee's View and Alison Can Read.

Here are the general rules to Follow Friday:
1. Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Hosts and any one else you want to follow on the list
2. Follow our Featured Bloggers
3. Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing.
4. Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say hi in your comments
5. Follow Follow Follow as many as you can
6. If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love...and the followers
7. If you want to show the link list, just follow the link below the entries and copy and paste it within your post!
8. If your new to the follow Friday hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!


This week's question is: Are there any book to movie adaptations where you think the movie is better than the book?


MY ANSWER: I have to say Jaws! You might all know that I LOVE the movie Jaws, I practically grew up watching it as a kid. Then when I was older I decided to read the book.



Now maybe it was because I had already seen the movie a 1,000 times prior to reading the book. But there were also things that happened in the book that didn't happen in the movie and I found that I didn't like them all that much.



So that's my answer! Jaws the movie was better than Jaws the book--but again, I am slightly biased since I watched the movie a 1,000 times before reading the book! And that's all partially due to the fact that both of these were out years before I was born!




18 comments:

  1. Hummmm. I have actually never read Jaws.. though that movie is FANTASTIC!

    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen the movie or read the book. For some reason the cover of the book looks scarier to me than the movie poster.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started reading Jaws once but never finished it, it wasn't because I didn't like, I am not sure why I just never picked it up again. I still have it and one day I will read it. I think what I liked about the book was the point of view of the shark..like the little bit that I read you got more into the shark..lol. I loved the movie back in the day..but now it's a bit boring..."I think we need a bigger boat" Classic!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never read the book Jaws, but I truly loved the movie! Great choice :)

    Have a wonderful weekend, Jessica <3

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't even realize Jaws was a movie. But I think you're right: when you've seen a film a million times, it can be very hard to like the book. Thanks for visiting my blog. Have a great weekend, Jessica! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hopping through. I have never read or watched Jaws. I do love the music though.
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't even know it was a book! I should have, lol. Have a great weekend!

    ~Pam @ Moonlight Reader

    ReplyDelete
  8. Slightly ashamed that I didn't know it was a book :/ haven't seen the movie either.

    Old Follower
    My FF .
    Zareena @ Books and Books

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jaws- good choice! Never read that book...

    Speaking of older movies- I was thinking Hunt for Red October might be a case of being better than the book- thought that movie was pretty good but could never really get into the book.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jaws was my all time fave.visiting back for FF

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've not read the book so I can't comment on whether it was better. But I love Jaws the movie. Thanks for visiting my post.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm smacking myself on the forehead for not thinking of this. D'oh. I agree, I wasn't a fan of one subplot of the book in particular found in the novel. It's also that the movie is a classic thanks to Spielberg's directing, but the novel is only okay/mediocre imo.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jaws, I've never read the book but I have seen the movie. Kinda scared me a little.
    Thanks for visiting my blog.
    Happy Friday:)

    Marilyn @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am a new Bloglovin' follower! I have actually never read nor finished Jaws. But from what I have seen of this movie it freaked me out! I always swore I would not go into the water ever again but I do every time we go to the beach lol.
    Here is my FF
    FF

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOL, the movie scared the crap out of me. Of course watching it now, it's hard for me to figure out why though. Movies have come a long way. I hate to admit I never even knew about the book!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm still completely shocked I didn't know it was based on a book. I'm glad I don't seem to be the only one who didn't know. Thanks for stopping by my My FF @ Donnie Darko Girl. :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, it makes me want to read the book to see what differs :/ Thanks for stopping by

    ReplyDelete
  18. I never read the book but I remember being freaked out by the movie when I was young (and not spoiled by special effects). I watched it a few years ago and unfortunately although the tension was still there, the fake shark wasn't that scary.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!