Nov 12, 2013

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

http://shouldbereading.wordpress.com/
Here are the rules:
1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc

"'This is what things have come to. I'm hiding out in a psychic's house while wanted for the murder of my ex-wife and the only person I have to listen to me is a bunny rabbit.'" Kindle location 678/3126
PUBLISHER: Intermix
GENRE: Paranormal Mystery
RELEASE DATE: May 21, 2013




Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.


This week's topic is: Top Ten Covers I Wish I Could Redesign


*in no particular order
1. FIRE STUDY
by Maria V. Sndyer

I merely just wish that it could've retained how the first two original covers looked liked. I LOVED the cover model on the old ones and just wished it could've stayed the same for the final book.



2. CRIME SEEN
by Victoria Laurie
 
I love love love this series. I remember when I met Victoria I asked her about this cover and she said the publishers were trying for a different look, a more realistic one instead of the cartoony covers. Luckily, it didn't go over well and they went back to the cartoony covers, which I happen to like. Just wish they would've gone back and redo this one, but oh well!



3. HOT BLOODED
by Nancy Holder & Debbie Viguie

This cover just wasn't as vibrant and noticeable as the previous one. The colors are nice, but overall it just lacks the intensity of the first one which I so loved!



4. SAVAGE
by Nancy Holder & Debbie Viguie

I can pretty much say the same for this one too, the third book in the same series. IT just lacks something and I don't feel like it fits the series as well.



5. THE DEVIL'S PLAYGROUND
by Jenna Black

This final book cover in the series I felt like it just kind of deviated from how the previous books looked. I mean, why the sudden change? It was the final book and it just looked sooo different from the rest, I wished it could've matched better.



6. THE ISIS COLLAR
by Cat Adams

I was in love with the covers of this series up until book 4 when it took a dramatic change. No longer are there closeups of the heroine with a darkish background. I thought those were intense and awesome and they were so cool. These new ones are okay, but just not as intense as the old ones.



7. TEMPEST REVEALED
by Tracy Deebs

I guess I am more upset by this new cover model. She's not the same as the previous one and something bugs me about her. Of course this book is only technically available as an ebook. The REAL book's release date is constantly changing and I have no idea when it actually comes out now. Currently it stands as a February 2015 date. 



8. THE MADNESS UNDERNEATH
by Maureen Johnson

Another cover change I just wasn't thrilled with. I LOVED the hardcover cover of Name of the Star! Thought it was awesome! This new one, eh. More so I wish it could be changed back to the previous look/style.



9. THE ETERNITY CURE
by Julie Kagawa

Yet another series cover change that I wasn't thrilled with. I loved the hardcover look of The Immortal Rules. Thought it was dark and eerie and just oh so cool! This new one is okay, just not in love with it like I had been.



10. BURNED
by Karen Marie Moning

Still not 100% certain if this in fact the final cover, but I kind of miss the lack of Dani on this one. I still have to read Iced, but I saw Dani on that cover and just thought it was awesome! There was a scene or landscape on it, whichever you want to call it. This one is nice, just kind of plain.




22 comments:

  1. I dislike it when covers change their style in the middle of the series as well. Usually it's not a change for the better, and my books not matching bothers me maybe more than it should. Especially in cases like Fire Study, when it's the last book in the trilogy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really hate when they change covers mid series and I especially hate when they change them and make them worse! The Eternity Cure is a perfect example of this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen the cover of Tempest Revealed before, and thought that it looks like someone took a 12-year-old's head and pasted it on a 20-year-old's body, then badly photoshopped a tail on her. Bad all around.

    Thanks for stopping by my TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a pile of terrible book covers. I do really dislike the new Madness Underneath cover set. The Name of the Star was lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice teaser, Jessica!

    I don't pay all that much attention to covers, as I usually buy e-books, so my shelves aren't filled with paper books. However, when I do buy paper books, I want the books in the same series to have the same feel both through the cover and the size of the book!

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never heard of that book before, but I really like the teaser, Jessica! :)

    Here's mine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I liked the first three books in the Ghost Dusters series, was disappointed when they went to ebook only. I also dislike it when publishers change covers or format (from print to HC) in mid-series. People were especially angry with Penguin over the change in Aunt Dimity covers. Through book nine they featured Reginald the Rabbit somewhere on the cover, then with book 10 they revamped them so that they seem like part of a completely different series. My teaser: Seed No Evil

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh, YES. I loved the original cover to The Immortal Rules. I was really sad when they changed them. Great list, Jessica! ;)

    TTT @ Mary Had a Little Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice teaser, always good when a book mixes a little mystery with a little humor! Looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with all of them, those covers are all pretty bad. I know they say you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, but I can't help myself. My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice tease Jessica! Thanks for stopping by =)
    Happy reading!
    Old GFC follower

    ReplyDelete
  12. Interesting teaser. Thanks for visiting my blog. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  13. He's talking to a rabbit. I'm wondering, is he innocent or guilty. Mmm....
    Nice tease as always. Thanks for stopping by mine.

    Marilyn @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  14. A rabbit... sounds interesting!! And I agree with all your Top 10 choices this week!

    Thanx for visiting my TT
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  15. Agreed on Tempest revealed. She has a three year olds face.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the teaser! And I agree with all your cover choices. I hate it when a series starts with a good cover and then they change all the covers. The Eternity Cure being one example.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I DEFINITELY agree with you on Tempest Revealed. :) The new cover model annoys me... I liked the previous ones a lot better. Why the change?

    Also, I keep hoping Fire Study will come out in the same gorgeous form as poison and magic :) it probably won't happen...but a girl can dream!

    Awesome list :)
    Emily @ Reader Rising

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really hate it when the publisher's mess with the cover's of well loved series.

    Thanks for stopping by my TTT :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I haven't read any book from your list. While some covers are looking pretty okay to me, others need a serious redesign. Great list, Jessica.

    Thanks for stopping by my post earlier. Happy reading and have a great week ahead!

    Sarika @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  20. After seeing the cover for The Immortal Rules, The Eternity Cure disappointment me too. It doesn't compare at all.

    Thanks for stopping by my TTT. Great list.

    ReplyDelete
  21. The Laurie one definitely sticks out like a sore thumb. The books are light and fluffy so a harder hitting cover makes no sense.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!