Nov 12, 2013

Review--Drop Dead Beauty by Wendy Roberts

Crime scene cleaner and amateur medium Sadie Novak’s ability to talk to the dead is a sure-fire way to solve crimes, but sometimes Sadie thinks she’d prefer a channel into the minds of the living instead…

While attempting to renew her relationship with on-again-off-again boyfriend Zack, Sadie discovers something that throws her romantic plans for a loop. With her love life in shambles, Sadie needs a distraction from all the drama. But sometimes, getting what you wish for isn’t all it’s cracked up to be.

For the first time, the noble detective who’s repeatedly saved Sadie’s backside finds himself on the wrong end of a homicide investigation. Sadie is determined to prove that Dean Petrovich was framed for his ex-wife’s murder. But when her investigative trip to the crime scene—a luxurious day spa—puts the killer hot on her trail, Sadie will have to put all of her problems aside to keep from dropping dead…


Drop Dead Beauty is the latest in Wendy Roberts' Ghost Dusters Mystery series and it was a thrilling read with a nice twisted ending! 

Sadie hasn't been feeling well lately and the answer to that problem comes sooner than you think. I can't help but wonder if I was reading hints at it in the last book or if that was the result of something else happening to Sadie. But the something is big, as the description hints at.

This time around Sadie's murder mystery is more personal. Her good friend, detective Dean Petrovich is being framed for his ex-wife's murder. But he didn't do it and Sadie believes him and so she is off to try her hand at investigating a swanky spa where Jane, Dean's ex, was murdered.

But Sadie's having other issues too. Lots of them this time. There's the ordeal regarding her love life and all it's messy tangles and then she's even having issues with her paranormal abilities. A new developmental that was not needed at all and becomes a hindrance to her jobs--both the cleaning up part and the helping the spirits move on part. There were quite a few of these "cases" that pop up making Sadie's days very busy indeed.

I have to say that I am very glad this series is back and running self-publishing style! I loooove a good paranormal mystery, but sadly have no ability to write my own, so I have to enjoy them as I see them! Wendy Roberts definitely fits the bill in this category because the murder mystery element is always strong! The paranormal elements are always strong too because there's always a ghost hanging around Sadie during one of her cleanups.

With this mystery, yet again I didn't see the murderer coming and I'm not complaining. There are always too many suspects I think. Too many options with just enough suspicion surrounding each one, so when the murderer is revealed I was definitely surprised. But even more shocked by another development that popped up at the end too. That one was more of a shocker and like omg...did Wendy really just do that? And yes, she did!

As for the romance levels it was all pretty tame. Sadie and Zack are trying to work things out between them, but then this "issue" pops up and it's really pretty obvious when you think about it, but I still won't say it. So that ends up driving yet another wedge between Sadie and Zack again, just when they were trying to start over and all.

Wendy never ceases to amaze me with all the surprises she's throwing our way in these latest developments in the series. I truly hope she will be writing more of the Ghost Dusters Mystery series because the series is truly an enjoyment! What's not to love about a murder mystery with killers and ghosts that need help moving on to the light?! A highly recommend series for all paranormal mystery fans! Or for those who need a good mystery fix as well!


Overall Rating 5/5 stars



This read was read for the Clean Out Your E-Reader Challenge



2 comments:

  1. I feel like I have been under a rock because I can't remember seeing this series before. It sounds like something I would really enjoy from your review. I also love the series name! Thanks for this review, Jessica:) Now I'm going to go stalk this on GR.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're really plowing through these new books in the series! And loving them!! Ok I already added it to my TBR after the other review, but now I'm definitely reading.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!