Sep 25, 2014

Random Thursday

So on the set of Jaws there were many different mechanical sharks. Some were different components of the shark. A full shark, which Steven dubbed The Great White Turd.

There was one that was just a fin that was pulled through the water, one that moved from left to right and one that moved right to left. The left and right sharks didn't have both sides fully "fleshed" out, hence the need for two to move in each direction. It was all scraped out on each side.

And I'm pretty sure one shark was named Bruce as I remember hearing in the past. I think that's because it was Steven's agent at the time. It's also partly how the shark in Nemo got his name! Because really, tell me this guy doesn't look like Jaws!

Okay, maybe not so much! I couldn't find the particular picture I was thinking of!





2 comments:

  1. Yep, the shark's nickname was Bruce! I love how that has spawned other references in pop culture :)

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I knew some better pop culture facts. I am so bad a trivia! :')

    Some of the images are not working on my computer by the way. I am only getting the last one!

    thanks for sharing! :)

    Alex @ The Shelf Diaries

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!