Jan 8, 2019

Let's Discuss: 2019 Reading Goals

Hello all! It's time for my first discussion post of 2019! And I thought for this one I would go into why I set such low reading goals for myself compared to my more higher achieving ones from previous years.


2019 Reading Goals


In the past I've been fortunate to have a job where I have a lot of downtime and a manager who didn't mind if I read at my desk for awhile. I still work when things pop up, but there's a lot of time when I have no assignments to work on, the phone isn't ringing and I literally have nothing to do! While it's great to get some reading done, it's really not a great way of going about things.

I've been looking for a new job for over a year now, still looking with little bites, but I am hoping that this is the year I will find the right job where I can make a decent amount of money and actually feel good about what I do. I work in office with very little social interaction, this does not help me in trying to come out of my quiet shell that nearly all bookworms have. I want to be social. I don't have too many in real life friends either so I feel that having a job where I go in everyday and actually have a roomful of coworkers will help me to be more social.

This quest for a better job will eventually mean less reading time and I am preparing myself for that. I feel like this year will be that year where I find something. At least I am hoping to! And by setting a lower than normal goal, I am readying myself to read less during the day as apparently I am a slow reader compared to a lot of you! I envy your speed!

With a lower goal I am hoping I can still achieve it come the end of the year. Granted, I might be able to surpass it still. You never know. But with a lower reading goal I guess I am trying to avoid the disappointment of not reading 100+ books by year end when I (hopefully) land that better job!

Will I still be reading and blogging? Of course! This is where I get my social interaction! It's sad, but true. I still have my family of course, but yeah. I am really, really, REALLY bad about interacting with society as most of the society in my realm doesn't really read much. If they do, it's something I am not even interested in, so it's hard to even talk about books when they like things that are more "ordinary." As that's what I call the books without paranormal or magical elements! Lol. Nothing wrong with them of course, just not my cup of tea.

So it is with great sadness that I hope this will be the year that I read less books because I will find the perfect job where I can actually do something that makes me feel good and useful and where I can earn more money...to buy those books that I won't be able to get to right away! LOL!


Did you set any specific New Year's Resolutions/Goals?






3 comments:

  1. I expect to read a little less this year too given everything I have going on (but mostly my crazy work schedule). But I'm also working hard on taking it easy with my reading and reducing the pressure I put on myself to read certain books and just go with the flow.
    Best wishes for the New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck with the job hunting and for your 2019 reading goals. :)

    Jennilyn @ Rurouni Jenni Reads

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you find the perfect job! Reading less definitely won't feel like such a sacrifice if it comes with having a more fulfilling job and more social interaction.

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!