Jan 15, 2019

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Purple Princess of The Purple Booker.



Here are the rules:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page

3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.



"His shoulders lifted and fell, and I wondered how I would feel if someone said the same about Kairos. It hadn't been long, and yet--yet." p 217*


*Quote comes from the ARC therefore it and its page number are not final.












TITLE: Imprison the Sky
AUTHOR: A.C. Gaughen
PUBLISHER: Bloomsbury YA
GENRE: YA Fantasy
RELEASE DATE: January 22, 2019




Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together. 


This week's topic is: New-to-Me Authors I Read In 2018


*in no particular order


10. PETER S. BEAGLE--I read The Last Unicorn: The Lost Journey which was basically an early unfinished draft of the beloved tale, The Last Unicorn! I plan to read the full version at some point. Maybe this year!
9. SHEA ERNSHAW--her debut, The Wicked Deep, was pretty intriguing. Maybe not all I had hoped it to be, but still one I really enjoyed! Would definitely read more from her if the genre is right! Which I think her next book is a contemporary, so maybe the one after that will be for me!
8. CAROLINE KEPNES--I had my eyes on You for awhile, and what with the show premiering last year, I made sure to get around to read the duology before it started. I might even pick up her newest book from last year at some point!


7. MEGAN SHEPHERD--I have a lot of Megan's books on my TBR, but it was when I received Grim Lovelies for review that I finally read one of hers! Definitely won't be my last either!
6. SHAWN SARLES--his debut Campfire was rather fun too! True, I felt like it took awhile to get to the point of being creepy, but I'd definitely read more from him if the genre is right!
5. AMANDA FOODY--I was curious about her first book, but ended up winning a copy of her new book last year. It was interesting, but not sure I'm entirely sold on it yet. I might go back to her first book since it sounded intriguing!


4. ALEXANDRA CHRISTO--I positively loved To Kill a Kingdom! It was a marvelous retelling of The Little Mermaid! Excited to read more from her!
3. MARY LINDSEY--I decided to give her books a try when Haven caught my eye, so I decided to give some of her earlier books a try!
2. LEIFE SHALLCROSS--doesn't take much for me to pick up a retelling of The Beauty and the Beast! Leife's was an interesting sort, a little slow, but still magical!


1. ALICE REEDS--like I couldn't NOT include her! LOOOOOVED Echoes and DYING for the next one! Luckily it's on its way...in 2020. But at least it's in the works!






 

12 comments:

  1. The Wicked Deep was a winner for me. I am eagerly awaiting whatever Ernshaw has in store for us next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cover for Echoes is so pretty!

    This is my Top Ten Tuesday post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda Foody was on my list this week too!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2019/01/15/top-ten-tuesday-194/

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of these are new to me- haven't read a single one. Ace of Shades has an amazing cover but since you aren't sure I will probably not pick it up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I keep meaning to pick up The Last Unicorn and check out Peter Beagle, hopefully this year! I highly recommend The Madman's Daughter by Megan Shepherd, it's fantastic! Looks like some great new authors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just started YOU on Netflix last night- what a trip! And yes to Echoes!! SO glad there's gonna be a sequel!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Many new authors for me to explore!! Happy reading to you in 2019!! I hope you find many more new to you authors this year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay, we both have Caroline Kepnes on our lists! The book I read by her was Providence though, but now I really want to check out You.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have read Caroline Kepnes! I'm actually re-reading you just to watch the show. I bought the audio of To Kill a Kingdom and I haven't gotten around to it yet.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I forgot to include Alexandra Christo on my list! Whoops! You should really read Megan Shepherd's The Madman's Daughter Trilogy if you haven't already!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gah I so need to read The Beasts Heart, I know I'll love it. Great list!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!