Jan 22, 2019

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Purple Princess of The Purple Booker.



Here are the rules:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page

3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.



"How was she supposed to talk to a man if she wasn't trying to con him? She realized she had no idea." Kindle loc. 5%*



*Quote comes from the eARC therefore it and its location are not final. 










TITLE: Stolen Time
AUTHOR: Danielle Rollins
PUBLISHER: HarperTeen
GENRE: YA Sci-Fi/Fantasy
RELEASE DATE: February 5, 2019






Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together. 


This week's topic is: Books I Meant to Read In 2018 but Didn’t Get To


*in no particular order


10. SHADES OF WICKED by Jeaniene Frost--been dying for this book to exist for ages and do I read it right away? No. I was tied up and still am in other book commitments!
9. 99 LIES by Rachel Vincent--I love me a Rachel Vincent book and I had really hoped to read this one right away since I read the first as an ARC and you know how my memory is! Lol.
8. NEVERWORLD WAKE by Marisha Pessl--this one just sounded so awesome after I read a few reviews. I thought I would squeeze it in around Halloween-ish time, but no dice.


7. THE EXTINCTION TRIALS by S.M. Wilson--this one sounded amazing! The Hunger Games meets Jurassic Park?! I didn't read or see the former but know of its concept and I loved Jurassic Park (the movie)!
6. BREATH OF FIRE by Amanda Bouchet--I reallllly wanted to get back to this series but did I? Nope.
5. THE SWEETEST BURN by Jeaniene Frost--I'm in trouble with this series! I read the ARC of book 1 over 4 years ago and have very little memory of it and naturally it was long before my notekeeping days. I might just have to break my no rereading rule for this one!


4. THE NAMED by Marianne Curley--ironically I was (and am) planning to break my no rereading rule--which the rule exists because of time constraints--to start this series over again so I could better read the fourth installment which was added just last year!
3. NIGHTBLOOD by Elly Blake--I really wanted to just dive into this one right away. But again, other book commitments came up that prevented that!
2. BY A CHARM AND A CURSE by Jaime Questell--I had heard good things about this one and really thought I would read it within a few weeks of getting it, but as you can see that didn't happen!


1. THE RETURN by Jennifer L. Armentrout--every year I say I'm going to start this series and every year I seem to get caught up with other books. Will this be the year I finally read it? God I hope so! Lol!




 

18 comments:

  1. I had no firm plans to read any of these, but I throughly enjoyed Vincent's Soul Screamers series and am curious about 99 Lies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have good reasons for planning to read these books. Maybe this year you will get around to some of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I'm intrigued by The Extinction Trials, too.

    This is my Top Ten Tuesday post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope have a chance to read all these books this year. The Extinction Trials is quite interesting.

    Happy readings! ;)
    Tânia @MyLovelySecret

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read By A Charm and A Curse last year and loved it, I hope you do too!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2019/01/22/top-ten-tuesday-195/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've still not even started the Frostblood saga.... I need to get on that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great list! I will be adding some of these to my infinite TBR as well. Hope you have fun reading this year!
    https://bookishtreats.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nightblood is one I've been meaning to get to as well! Great list!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shades of Wicked is a recent addition to my TBR list, I found it on 99p sale! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Interesting teaser and nice list. My Teaser is from a book I meant to read last year and just started.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nightblood has such a gorgeous cover. I hope you are able to read these soon!

    Tina @ As Told By Tina

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh Stolen Time looks good. And yay The Extinction Trials!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't read any of these but I've had my eye on The Extinction Trials ever since I saw it on Greg's blog!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven't read any of these, but Neverworld Wake is also on my to-read list!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooh, Stolen Time looks/sounds sooo good!! I'm intrigued! And that cover! Swoon. As for the ones you didn't get to last year, I hope you get to them soon. And, of course, enjoy them when you do!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hope you are enjoying Stolen Time, I found it quite fun! I am curious about 99 Lies, as I read the first one too. I also want to read Neverwake World! It sounds good, hopefully it is. And The Extinction Trials is definitely a unique take, no question! Hope you get to some of these soon!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Shades of Wicked is so so good! Ian delivers. And I adore The Return. Hope you get to them soon!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!