Jan 6, 2019

Stacking the Shelves

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! The meme is now hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality.


Well the week after Christmas wasn't all that exciting. Work has now taken a turning point of being uber stressful since my company was bought out by another. Every day I am worried they might not want to keep me when the new company "reevaluates." It's a wait and see game and in the meantime I am constantly applying for new jobs and getting no bites. Ugh.

But I got a surprise book in the mail, bought another, and then a delayed Christmas gift from my mom came, so it wasn't too bad of a week! And my cold is nearly gone too, so double yay!

Here's what I bought:

Meddling Kids by Edgar Cantero--finally bought this one since I had an Amazon Gift card from Christmas! Now it's trying to find the time to read it! LOL.


From the publisher for review I received:

Bloodleaf by Crystal Smith (ARC)--it came in its own little foldy box with an enamel pin!! I was so excited to see this one in the mail pile!!


Then I also received one of my preorder gifts already:

Character cards from Evelyn Skye's Circle of Shadows. I'm reading this one now and so far feel only so-so, but I am trying to see it through to the end!


And then lastly, one of my Christmas gifts had been backordered apparently. So happy that it arrived! When I saw it online I had to add it to my list because it was a piece I NEEDED!!

It's a Jim Shore piece with BELLE READING A BOOK with the villainous sheep surrounding her! Lol. It's a mostly all white piece with the book being the only focal point of color, but I thought it was pretty and I liked it! A better size compared to the bookend piece that I had as my Belle reading a book statue! LOL.


And that was my haul this week! So not too shabby! Mount TBR didn't topple over with these two extras! What all did you get this week?











17 comments:

  1. Totally checking out Bloodleaf, it looks amazing!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh nice little things for you! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry about you applying for jobs and getting no bites - I keep sending CVs and no one answers to me. :( I can't wait for Bloodleaf to be released. It seems so good.

    Happy New Year! :)
    Tânia @MyLovelySecret

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blodleaf sounds really good, and YAY for the enamel pin :) Belle looks very pretty on your shelf :)
    Do you want to stay at the job you have now? If yes, I will cross my fingers that this will work out for you :)
    Have a wonderful week ahead and happy reading!
    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookworms

    ReplyDelete
  5. That Belle piece is so lovely!
    Oh man, I'm sorry to hear about how stressful work is at the moment. I know I would feel exactly the same way in a similar situation. I hope things will calm down soon. Hope your haul was able to temporarily cheer you up. Take care, Jessica!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those publisher packages are always so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice new reads! I like the Jim Shore piece and can understand why you needed to have it. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh! I'm so jealous of Bloodleaf! That book is defintiely on my TBR!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Belle is gorgeous. What a wonderful gift - well worth the wait. I'm sure you'll find a job soon - or maybe even better, find out you are secure where you're at. That cover of Bloodleaf is awesome. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Meddling Kids- I love the look of that book! And good luck with the job situation- hopefully nothing bad happens. I went through that a few years ago when we were bought out too. It makes you nervous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am totally digging the cover for BLoodleaf. I have been a bit out of the blogosphere lately so it's the first I'm hearing about it. I'll have to pop over to Goodreads and check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry that work has been stressful. I'll send positive vibes that everything works out!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Not too shabby at all. Hope work works out for you.
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope you enjoy your new books! The Belle piece is lovely. Glad you like it. :)

    Thanks for stopping by, Jessica!

    Tressa @ Wishful Endings

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sorry about the job situation. I hope it all gets resolved soon. And sorry you're not loving Circle of Shadows---I've been excited for that one.

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hope the job situation is resolved soon. The not knowing sounds so stressful. I love that Belle piece you added to your collection! It is beautiful.

    Tina @ As Told By Tina

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely Christmas gifts! And I hope the new company doesn't make that decision. It's hard when a new company comes in. Hope the stress subsides for you.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!