Jan 13, 2019

Stacking the Shelves

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! The meme is now hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality.


This was a pretty eh week. There was some stress, there was a lot of snow, and then more stress because I was driving home in said snow when it all started! I was able to leave just as the storm was starting, so I probably got ahead of most of the traffic, but as I was leaving I could see the highway backed up two stoplights early, so I made a quick U-turn and drove the back roads instead of the highway. Took awhile for my GPS to kick in since I wasn't sure where I was going, turns out I would've been fine without it, but I know for next time! Lol. Stayed home all day yesterday not doing anything, probably should've read, but I was lazy. I don't get too many lazy days!

But anyway, here's what I got during the week that made up for all that stress!

Nightchaser by Amanda Bouchet
Slayer by Kiersten White--the B&N edition! I still need to read the extra chapter from Faith's POV, probably after I finish my current read, as I'm weird like that!
The Wicked King by Holly Black--x3! Yes x3! I got  the standard edition, the B&N edition, and the Owl Crate one! I know most people have posted pictures of the Owl Crate contents already but I like to wait awhile just as a courtesy, so I'll likely share that at the end of the month just to be extra safe...and when everyone has already seen said contents!


Books I received for review from the publisher:

Wicked Saints by Emily A. Duncan (ARC)
Spectacle by Jodie Lynn Zdrok (ARC)


THANK YOU Wednesday Books & Tor Teen!!


Other bookish goodies I got this week because I have no willpower (LOL):


Bookworm t-shirt from Shirt.Woot



The most incredible mug ever!! I thought the one I bought at Disney World was awesome, this one surpasses it! It's a stack of BOOKS!!! Naturally, I won't be drinking from this one! It's going on my bookshelf once I get some felt to line on the bottom! This I bought at the Disney Store!




And that was what I got this week! What did you all get?






11 comments:

  1. Beautiful books, enjoy them! Hope this week is less stressful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice haul this week, Jessica! I need to get my hands on those Holly Black books myself :)

    I hope you've had a great weekend, and that the coming week will be good, too. Happy reading.

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookworms

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and your multiple copies of books...lol. :) That mug is so cool!

    Have a great week!
    Stormi

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the mug. I will listen to Nightchaser. White's book looks good to, Enjoy@@

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was lucky enough to be able to leave work just before all the mess started on Friday. Plus, I live a whole 3.5 miles from my work so I don't really have a commute. I am glad you made it home safely. Have a great week and enjoy your new books.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice, Slayer and The Wicked King! I love that B&N edition! I'm also excited about Wicked Saints, hope that one will be as good as it looks.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  7. Slayer and The Wicked King look awesome. And stay safe in the snowy weather! I'm kind of done with winter already lol even though it's barely started! Have a super week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My nightmare is when the snow starts while I'm at work. I can only image all the drivers forgetting how to drive once the snow started during your commute. Glad you made it home safely. I hate snow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It must be awful to drive with snow. I'm glad you made home safely and had some lazy days. Wicked Saints and are both on my list of can't wait books of 2019. I'm dying to read them!

    Happy readings! ;)
    Tânia @MyLovelySecret

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!