Jan 29, 2019

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Purple Princess of The Purple Booker.



Here are the rules:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page

3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.



"She hadn't changed other than to put on sky-high black platform boots. Studs decorated the front of them. He laughed softly. 'You are nothing if not practical, darling.'


'I am who I am.' She spread her arms wide. 'And this is who I am.'


Which was exactly what he loved about her." Kindle loc. 11%







 
TITLE: The Vampire's Accidental Bride
AUTHOR: Kristen Painter
PUBLISHER: Sugar Skull Books
GENRE: Paranormal Romance
RELEASE DATE: May 8, 2017



Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together. 


This week's topic is: The Ten Most Recent Additions to My To-Read List


*in no particular order


10. THE VANISHING STAIR by Maureen Johnson--I STILL need to read Truly Devious, but I have a problem with buying sequels despite that fact! But this is Maureen Johnson, so I'm fairly confident I made a safe bet here!
9. THE CERULEAN by Amy Ewing--a recent acquisition in a books-for-trade deal! I was curious about this one, yet a little hesitant, so I'm happy to have made a trade for it!
8. HOCUS POCUS & THE ALL NEW SEQUEL by A.W. Jantha--another books-for-trade deal! Though I am likely saving this for October to read! Lol!


7. STORM AND FURY by Jennifer L. Armentrout--this was added to my TBR list for wishlist purposes! Because OMG I NEEDZ IT!! 
6. BEAUTY OF THE BEAST by Rachel L. Demeter--this one was on my radar some time ago and recently got back on it! I'm always up for a TB&TB retelling and had to add this to the wishlist!
5. THE WICKED KING by Holly Black--an obvious recent addition. An obvious recent addition. An obvious recent addition. (Yup, 3 editions! LOL!)


4. LADY SMOKE by Laura Sebastian--another wishlist add...I forget for which purpose! Lol. I STILL need to read the first book!
3. BLOODLEAF by Crystal Smith--this one I received for review and will hopefully be getting to sometime next month!
2. NIGHTCHASER by Amanda Bouchet--since I ADORED Amanda's first book I decided to pick up her new series...though I still need to finish her first trilogy!


1. THE LIVING by Isaac Marion--another series I am behind in...though I did read the first book! Lol. But I wanted to jump on getting a hardcover SIGNED when the opportunity arose!




 

10 comments:

  1. I just put a hold on The Vanishing Stair. Can't wait to catch up with Stevie and the gang.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have The Wicked King waiting for me, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fun book and a new author for me. And I'm liking your list. I spy a few I'd also like to read.

    My TT from Blackwell

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm excited for THE VANISHING STAIR as well, although I'll probably need to re-read TRULY DEVIOUS before I move on with the series so I can remember who's who and what's what!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list! A few of these I haven't heard of before, but more I have.
    Here's our TTT: http://jennreneeread.blogspot.com/2019/01/top-ten-tuesday-and-most-recent.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Somehow I missed that The Living by Isaac Marion came out. I read the first books in this series--I'll have to pick this one up!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  7. Storm and Fury looks incredible!! How have I not heard of it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I recently added Bloodleaf to my own Mt. TBR, after learning about it from another blog (could have been this one!) Hadn't heard of it before, but now I'm intrigued!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great list and the Vamp book I have been seeing around looks like so much fun.
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhh I really enjoued Beauty of the Beast! That was a good retelling! And Storm and Fury Looks amazing, I know I am going to love that book.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!