Jan 1, 2019

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Purple Princess of The Purple Booker.


Here are the rules:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
 
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE 
4. Name the title, author, etc.



"The people tried to forget the curse. But the curse wouldn't be forgotten. The curse reached up to them with soft, chubby fingers. The curse held their hands." p xxiv*


*This quote comes from the ARC, therefore it and its page number are not final.











TITLE: The Cold is in Her Bones
AUTHOR: Peternelle van Arsdale
PUBLISHER: Margaret K. McElderry Books
GENRE: YA Fantasy
RELEASE DATE: January 22, 2019



Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.




This week's topic is: Best Books I Read In 2018
 
 
*in no particular order

10. 1001 DARK NIGHTS: THE PRINCE by Jennifer L. Armentrout--this little novella totally blew me away!! I NEED MORE NOW!!
9. MOONLIGHT SINS by Jennifer L. Armentrout--it was a year of Jennifer! And naturally, everything I read by her was AMAZING! I loved starting the de Vincent trilogy too! Lucian was to die for!
8. THE DARKEST STAR by Jennifer L. Armentrout--yet another start to a great new series that was a spinoff to an already LOVED one!! 


7. NAVIGATING THE STARS by Maria V. Snyder--I LOVED Maria's start to a new series! I cannot wait to see where this one will go! 
6. TO KILL A KINGDOM by Alexandra Christo--a retelling of The Little Mermaid! One of the most unique versions I read and I adored it!
5. PART OF YOUR WORLD by Liz Braswell--Liz has done it again! After adoring her B&tB retelling of the Disney classic I decided to give it a try with The Little Mermaid and wow! Just wow! It was awesome!

4. THE CRUEL PRINCE by Holly Black--this one totally wowed me and I cannot wait to read the next one!
3. IMMORTAL REIGN by Morgan Rhodes--probably the best series finale of 2018 right here! I adored this series so much and positively loved how Morgan ended things
2. ECHOES by Alice Reeds--like I could ignore this one, right?! Lol! I thoroughly enjoyed this one so much more than I expected. It was a mesmerizing read and I am dying for the sequel! Let's just skip to 2020!!

1. LEGENDARY by Stephanie Garber--naturally, this one makes the list too! I adore this series sooooooo much! Tella's story was phenomenal and I cannot wait to see where things will go and end in the finale this year! 


 
 



3 comments:

  1. I didn't read any of these, thought I have and really, really need to read Legendary. My daughter said it was great, and I loved the first book. So, there's a definite for my throwback list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow cool, I actually just finished The Cold is In Her Bones! I look forward to your thoughts :D

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seems like you are a Jennifer L. Armentrout fan!! I've never read anything written by her, so I entered to a Goodreads Giveaway for her new book, Storm & Fury... Lucky me, I won a copy an uncorrected proof copy of Storm & Fury, which I just received today. Now to make some time to read it... So many books, so little time!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!