Jul 2, 2023

Stacking the Shelves--2 Week Haul plus Sweat & Tears

 

Stacking the Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts, and of course ebooks! The meme is now hosted by Reading Reality


Well it's been two weeks since my last post since I was out of town last weekend! Not much happened really in those weeks. I did have a great time on my mini vacation. I visited my aunt in Wisconsin for their annual Strawberry Festival! A big festival with craft/art vendors, music, food...it was good times! The weather was glorious! We're talking 20 degrees cooler than the 100+ temps I left behind! So I was in heaven! I would've been happy if it were high 70s but low 80s are good too! I write this post on Saturday at Bread Co (or Panera as it's known as outside St. Louis) because our power went out Friday night and is still out and the power company has ZERO updates. So I am soaking in some much needed AC in this 100+ degree weather with humidity and heat indexes plus WiFi! Granted I could probably survive a few days without WiFi, but not AC. Not in this weather in this city area, it's just not doable. Friday night I slept in our basement but still woke up sweating every now and then. Pretty sure my blood just runs hotter than normal people.

I honestly don't think I acquired anything much last week, but here's what I had piled up for the two weeks while I was away. It doesn't appear that I am getting anything in today's mail, so all should be good!


The Ballad of Never After by Stephanie Garber--UK paperback & Waterstones Exclusive editions!


The Seven Year Slip by Ashley Poston--SIGNED!


Those We Drown by Amy Goldsmith


Then my Fairy Loot YA book arrived, not sharing it since I wasn't spoiled by it and also because I didn't take a picture of it thinking I wouldn't share it anyway, so here's the standard box picture! Lol!




And then I finally received my The Isles of the Gods preorder swag! I was getting a little worried when end of May past and most of June and it still hadn't arrived, I was told by end of May originally in my email, hence my worry but it arrived and it was glorious!


THANK YOU Knopf Books & Amie!



And that I believe is it! I didn't double check my stash before I left the house, I was boiling and ready for some AC! Lol! Should I have forgotten something I will just share it next week! Hopefully we'll have power by then! Fingers crossed! 

That being said, my blog visiting will likely be delayed but I'll be back once the power is back!










No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!