Jul 11, 2023

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

 

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Purple Princess of The Purple Booker



Here are the rules:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.

 

"'Should I take that as a challenge? I happen to have a hobby of convincing lovely historians to believe in fairy tales.'" p 38


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

TITLE: Dirty Lying Faeries
AUTHOR: Sabrina Blackburry
PUBLISHER: Wattpad Books
GENRE: Urban Fantasy
RELEASE DATE: September 6, 2022




Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and The Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together. 

 

This week's topic is: FREEBIE: Top Ten Authors I Want a New Book From


*in no particular order
**these are authors I have not heard from in awhile who may in fact be done with writing, but I still love them and would happily read more from them!


10. TARA HUDSON--I don't think she wrote anything after her Hereafter trilogy which ended in 2013. I enjoyed it & always wanted to read more. What is sadder is I still remember I almost got to meet her one time but the signing got canceled but they authors were still hanging out in the area but I had read the post too late, but was still before the initial signing. I had no way of knowing where they'd be in the area so I missed my chance. It was a very sad afternoon.
9. C.C. HUNTER--
though I still need to finish this trilogy, and read one of her adult books, I don't think I've seen any new books from her since 2019!
8. BECCA FITZPATRICK--
another author I loved! Her last book was in 2015 and nothing has ever come since.



7. KIMBERLY DERTING--this last series of hers ended in 2016 and since then I believe she's written children's picture books but nothing for YA. I miss her edgy mysteries, The Body Finder was one of my favorite series of hers!
6. NICOLE PEELER--
this was the last book she wrote in 2014 and I haven't brought myself to read it yet. Mainly because I see Goodreads calling it #1 in the series and I worry what I will be getting myself into. I will read it eventually of course, but I loved Nicole's humor that was reflected in her books!
5. RICHELLE MEAD--
this is another series I still need to finish which ended in 2018! I read the first one, but still have 2 more. I remember meeting Richelle again when it released and she said it might be awhile before something else comes out. I just didn't think it would be this long!



4. JEANNE C. STEIN--I also still need to acquire this book, hopefully it's in ebook form as I only learned about it somewhat recently. Her last book was 2016, though it was a novellm with this one coming out in 2019. I loved the Anna Strong Chronicles and really do need to get this book so I can have it in my collection.
3. JESS HAINES--
another author I loved and seemed to have vanished. Though I did get a newsletter from her I felt like earlier this year, late last year to say things are in the works. So hopefully she's coming back! I loved this series of hers and have had nothing from this world since 2014!
2. JENNA BLACK--
I looooved this author! I loved this series of hers! You all might remember my anguish in 2017 when they decided to cancel the series and declare there would be no final book in the trilogy. I was following her on Instagram for years and noticed she no longer posts about her cute dog or designs. Which also upsets me, I just hope things are okay too! But yes, this is pretty much in the #2 spot of series mourned. 



1. ALYSSA ROSE IVY--another author I worry about too in a sense! This book should've released in 2021 according to Goodreads but it hasn't. I was on her review team and I haven't heard from her in over a year. I reached out to her once when I recommended an event for Indie authors that I was to attend--also canceled--but I have not heard from her since. I don't know what protocol is for when you want to reach out to an author to see if they are okay! I did get a book from her last year so it's only been a year but it's odd how this one is on Goodreads with an inaccurate release date/year.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!