Jul 23, 2023

Stacking the Shelves--The Pain of Waiting & Waiting & Waiting

 

Stacking the Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts, and of course ebooks! The meme is now hosted by Reading Reality


Another bleh week. Not complaining, just the week itself was a bit dull. Work has been blissfully slow, but it's truly the calm before the storm as we are getting closer and closer to "ramp" which is aka open season aka open enrollment! As we get closer to the months where everyone fills out their benefit information for next year, we get busier just before then with those insurance companies turning to us to get them ready! So yeah, it's going to be a bumpy ride! Luckily, we have a good team for coverage and when I want to start to take days off near the end of October, we should be covered and almost winding down by then!

This wasn't an overly busy week for books either! I had a helluva time trying to track my books to see if I could do a trial run of picking up a book at the PO but tracking never updated the way it should. A book sat a sorting center for 2 days having "arrived" then the morning of the day of delivery it was suddenly "out for delivery" without my ever having time to try to hold it at the PO for a pickup. I'll give the old college try this Friday, but I have my doubts so I will also be placing a pickup order at B&N and then returning the duplicates Saturday since I'm trying to leave early Friday to drive to a book signing for the author whose books I'm waiting for and the drive is 4 hours away, so I gotta leave as soon as I'm off!

But anyway, here's what I got this week:


A Soul of Ash and Blood by Jennifer L. Armentrout--SIGNED edition! I just forgot to take a picture of said signature and was too lazy to do it when I was writing this! Lol. I'm slowly catching up in this series now, I just need to read book 4, then book 2 of Sera's series THEN this one! You could tell me I don't have to read them in that order, but once my mind is set on something, there's really no hope in changing it! Lol.
Fire & Fate by Serena Valentino--
as you can see I'm still trying to read the 7th book! Really hoping it sticks as my next read after the book I'm reading now which was a spur of the moment change!



Then I got what will be my last Fairy Loot Adult book. Lately the books haven't been to my taste and this one I was kind unsure about as I still need to read this author's books I previously received in the past. But with limited skips I only had 1 left and based on Instagram guessers picks for the next few months I wasn't seeing any I wanted to read so I decided it was time to cancel. I still have the YA book only one which I'm 60-70% happy with. I'm still unsure about the Romantasy book subscription as I like those some of the time, but to have it a guaranteed pick every month leaves me feeling uneasy.

But basically if you were on the Adult Book waitlist, things will be moving up next month! ;)

 

 

Then my orders--from companies that shall not be named as I swear they have to be related despite being "rivals" with the amount of delays and problems I had trying to get these different orders--finally arrived this week! Out of the 4 items 2 were bookish in nature, so here they are:

So I saw my friend Jenn on Instagram show off her new book crate and once I saw the 360 degree spinning wheels I had to have it! My crate has been super helpful over the years but an upgrade is needed when 360 degree spinning wheels are involved! Mine didn't have this feature, but it still served me well over the years! But getting myself out of line now with crowds will be SO much easier...I'm thinking YALLFest and other events where these are allowed of course! 

Also another awesome feature, the lid is magnetic! So I slide it off the top and it will attach itself to the side instead of my having to snap mine off and remember to not leave it behind!

The only downfall of this one is that it's a bit smaller than my old one. It's not as wide but seriously, the other features make up for those 2 inches or so of loss! So come late October when a certain favorite author of mine goes on tour...you might just see me with this! Plus another tote or two since my signing last year was canceled!

 

 

Lastly my next item that arrived is a new bookstagram prop! ARROWS!

When I was last on a picture taking high I had a beautiful setup where I thought, I need ARROWS because they would look perfect in my layout! So naturally, in mid-picture taking mode, I stop and start shopping around! I found these with the #1 dreadful company but they were surprisingly cheap and then if I bought at least 2 I could save a whopping 5% but since I thought 2 would be infinitely better than 1, it worked in my favor! I mean, I am the girl who would use a .50 coupon for something I'm buying if I had one! Lol. Yes, I am coupon girl when they are accessible! Hopefully I will have time to take new pictures today with these but there might be some family plans today and I love getting out of the house so it might have to wait until next weekend if anything!



And that was it for me this week! It wasn't too bad all things considered! What all did you get?







No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!