Sep 9, 2011

Friday Hops

This blogger hop was created by Jennifer at Crazy for Books.

Here are the rules:
1. Enter your book blog link in the Linky List below (be sure to include how long you've been blogging and what genres you review!). If you post about the Hop on your blog, please link directly to your Hop post (don't forget to answer this week's question - see below!).
2. Visit other blogs in the Linky List! Make new friends! Follow new book bloggers! Talk about books! Rave about authors! (Please do not leave your link and not visit other blogs - it's just not cool and not in the spirit of the Hop!)
3. Post about the Hop on your blog! Spread the word about the book party! The more the merrier!
4. In your blog post, answer the following question (new question each week!):

Many of us primarily read one genre of books, with others sprinkled in. If authors stopped writing that genre, what genre would you start reading? Or would you give up reading completely if you couldn’t read that genre anymore?

MY ANSWER: Wow, that's a loaded question! I read mostly urban fantasy and I have a ton of fave authors! A good portion writes both adult and YA so my TBR pile is out of whack! If the world were to go insane or whatever and ALL my fave authors stopped writing and the urban fantasy genre as well as all other paranormal related genres disappeared, I probably would stop reading so much. Scary huh? I wouldn't stop writing my own work though, and try to get it published to help the other UF addicts out there who need their fix--hell I'm trying to do that anyway!

But yes, in the long haul, if urban fantasy disappeared from the bookshelves I would likely no longer be a reader. I need my paranormal. So I would just have to reread my entire collection all over again!



This is a weekly blog meme hosted by Parajunkee's View and Alison Can Read.

Here are the general rules to Follow Friday:
1. Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Hosts and any one else you want to follow on the list
2. Follow our Featured Bloggers
3. Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing.
4. Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say hi in your comments
5. Follow Follow Follow as many as you can
6. If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love...and the followers
7. If you want to show the link list, just follow the link below the entries and copy and paste it within your post!
8. If your new to the follow Friday hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!

This week's question is: Have you ever wanted a villain to win at the end of a story? If so, which one??

MY ANSWER: Uh...none that I can think of right away. I have a killer headache and cold this morning--which I'm doing everything to fight because there's an author signing tonight I HAVE to go to. But let me mull over it...

I really can't think of one. A sort of example was Aubrey's character in Amelia Atwater-Rhodes' In the Forests of the Night and Demon in my View. He was the villain in ITFOTN, and come DIMV he was more hero, yet not totally the white cape or however the expression goes! He was still villain-esque, but had a more endearing side to him.





24 comments:

  1. I know what you mean, but the good thing with paranormal is that you can find it's elements within almost any main genre. :) In fact, that's the element that has me reading within other genres like Romance, Historical Fiction, and YA literature. I like an honest answer though in that you'd probably stop reading or perhaps re-read the books you still have on the shelves. Have a lovely weekend!

    ~DJL
    My Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't imagine giving up on reading over the loss of a genre. Its a good thing writers are always thinking ey! hehe

    Kylie @ The Talking Teacup

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paranormal is definitely a great genre and I would be so sad if it was wiped off the face of the earth! Glad to know you would be proactive about it and start writing your own ;)

    Here is MY HOP ANSWER !

    Have a great weekend and Happy Reading!

    Lea @ LC's Adventures in Libraryland

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very interesting. Here you are, a person who could not live without her paranormal, and here I am, a person who has never, to her knowledge, read an urban fiction book. I definitely need to read an urban fiction book.

    I hope you will stop by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really need to explore paranormal and urban fantasy. Those are two genres I haven't read much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hopping by...Come by and read my hop answer @ Ashley Suzanne!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm into YA Paranormal and Urban Fantasy too. I guess there would be lots of readers/bloggers that will be disappointed when they vanished in the bookshelves! =)

    Happy Friday!
    xoxo.april
    Friday Hops

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no! I'm so glad that this is only a hypothetical question! There really isn't ANY other genre you would consider reading?? Thanks for your honest answer! :)

    Happy Hopping (and writing!)
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Couldn't think of one right away either. I usually don't root for the villain. I picked an antihero. I liked him a lot...there still was a villain in the story though.
    Happy Friday!
    My FF: Book that Thing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love urban fantasy but I really read a whole range of genres!

    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi-thanks for hopping by-I have been reading some paranormal short stories lately that I have enjoyed a lot

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am glad we are now mutual followers

    ReplyDelete
  13. New follower here! As far as the genre things go.. For me.. I'm not picky! As long as its YA.. I'm game : )

    Feel free to follow back @ http://www.booklove101.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love UF as well and couldn't imagine not being able to read those books anymore. But, I would still read and find something else to fall in love with.

    Neri @ In The Name of Books

    ReplyDelete
  15. haha, yep I went with more villain-esque characters too! Thanks for hopping by my blog. Happy Friday :)

    My FF- Book Briefs

    -Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  16. It is a loaded question. There are so many different things to read even if new books in a favorite genre stopped being published. Please come see what I would read.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great answer! I'd probably re-read a lot of my books too!

    My Follow Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for stopping by. Love your answers on both questions.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Paranormal is so runaway crazy popular right now, I just can't imagine it ever going away. Not gonna happen!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Both of those sound really good - more books to add to my TBR pile. Thank you for sharing!

    Hope you feel better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your answer! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love the new look of your blog.

    You've been tagged. This is kinda fun.It's not bad - it's a fun way to share a bit of information about yourself with your readers.Tell us 10 random things about yourself and then tag 4 other people.
    Tag You're It!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great answer!! Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lucky for you, urban fantasy is getting stronger and more popular than ever! You wont' run out. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I would definitely have to re-read lots of old books if authors gave up writing books! I hope it never comes to that though. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!