Sep 2, 2011

Friday Hops

This blogger hop was created by Jennifer at Crazy for Books.

Here are the rules:
1. Enter your book blog link in the Linky List below (be sure to include how long you've been blogging and what genres you review!). If you post about the Hop on your blog, please link directly to your Hop post (don't forget to answer this week's question - see below!).
2. Visit other blogs in the Linky List! Make new friends! Follow new book bloggers! Talk about books! Rave about authors! (Please do not leave your link and not visit other blogs - it's just not cool and not in the spirit of the Hop!)
3. Post about the Hop on your blog! Spread the word about the book party! The more the merrier!
4. In your blog post, answer the following question (new question each week!):

What are you most looking forward to this fall/autumn season – A particular book release? Halloween? The leaves changing color? Cooler temperatures? A vacation? (If your next season is other than fall/autumn, tell us about it and what you are most looking forward to in your part of the world!)


MY ANSWER: I am definitely looking forward to the cooler season, whenever it will actually get here. St. Louis may not be in the southern region of the country but it gets blistering hot during the summers. Humidity--not just heat. Today we're gonna have a high of 102 or 104? And that's likely withOUT the heat index included. So I definitely can't wait til cooler summers. My ceiling fan has been on nonstop practically since the summer started, which was likely May!

And the other best thing about Fall is Halloween of course! And  that naturally leads to Reese's Pumpkins! The big peanut butter cup shaped pumpkin loaded with peanut butter! Yum!



This is a weekly blog meme hosted by Parajunkee's View and Alison Can Read.

Here are the general rules to Follow Friday:
1. Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Hosts and any one else you want to follow on the list
2. Follow our Featured Bloggers
3. Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing.
4. Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say hi in your comments
5. Follow Follow Follow as many as you can
6. If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love...and the followers
7. If you want to show the link list, just follow the link below the entries and copy and paste it within your post!
8. If your new to the follow Friday hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!

This week's question is: If you could change the ending of any book (or series), which book would you choose? Why and to what?

MY ANSWER: Wow! That's a good question! There are quite a few books out there that I know my friends would want to change. Me? I've been pretty content with the way things ended, if anything I would've wanted more to the series.

But here goes: Nocturne by Syrie James (just finished it yesterday!)

I wasn't too thrilled with how the characters went off at the end. (Had written more spoiler details but decided to edit them out after reading some other blogs' examples) The ending while heartfelt, was still kinda sad. I almost cried! Which I rarely do with books. But since I don't want to spoil the ending (again!) I won't say more other than that I wanted a better ending, one that didn't make me cry.

Sorry to anyone who might have read this earlier with the spoilers! Didn't think to censor them better until after I saw other examples!

22 comments:

  1. I'm shielding my eyes from your spoiler! Fall is my favorite time of year, but boy do I hate winter. Too cold! And have to walk on ice, and falling down a lot. Not cool.

    http://readingtopenguins.blogspot.com/2011/09/following-friday-2.html#comments

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for your edit:) This book it on its way for me to review.lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lmao! The question really is the beginning of a spoiler fest. :-)
    Don't worry...I for one have no problems with spoilers even if I haven't read the book.
    Thanks for stopping by Book that Thing! :-)
    Old follower, too (duh!) ;-)
    Happy Friday!
    _yay_ @ http://bookthatthing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Southern heat can really get to you! I'm in Texas and we have had over 65 days of triple digit heat! Looking forward to cooler weather!
    Karen @ Books Beside My Bed

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for hopping by my blog-I am now happy to be a follower of your blog and will look forward to your future posts-if you like Dracula-you might like Carmilla by Sheridan Le Fanu, a great Irish gothic vampire novella

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the fall aswell! my answer here http://ratherbarefoot.blogspot.com/2011/09/friday-hops.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish we have Fall season... and winter too. I want to experience it. And it seems that you have a fun way of celebrating Halloween, so exciting! We hardly celebrate it here.

    Nocturne is the 2nd book of Claire De Lune? It's on my TBR list. =)

    Thanks for stopping at my blog today. By the way, can you drop by again some time? I have an award for you.

    xoxo, april =)
    Friday Hops

    ReplyDelete
  8. I cry too easy when I'm attached to a character and book or series especially ends. Lol but I've never read that book.

    New follower
    Www.bookwormtellsall.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm definitely looking forward to cooler weather, and Halloween as well! I love Halloween! Best Holiday Ever! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Being a peanut butter lover I had never heard of that reese's pumpkin but now I am going to have to go find it!
    Coming through from the hop! Old follower

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the fall, but this would kill the big peanut butter cup shaped pumpkin loaded with peanut butter, since I'm highly allergic to peanuts and chocolate. lol.

    There are many books that I would love a better ending to. I've been wanting to read this book for some time now and have heard a number of mixed things about it.

    Suz @ A Soul Unsung

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love happy endings too. Was there still a HEA for the 2 main characters? Hate to say it, but I won't read it if not. Life is too short! :)

    I'm a new follower. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hopping through. Summer in MN has been really hot and humid this year. Usually the humidity isn't that bad but this year it's awful.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  14. The weather is too hot for me where I live, and it sounds a lot like yours - I'm so glad it's fall! :) Just hopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVE fall! Halloween is one of my favorite holidays. Decorating for it and having tons of pumpkins is so fun. :)

    Hope I didn't sound like a little kid there...!

    Have a amazing weekend, Jessica!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I heart Fall for so many reasons. Halloowen, the changing leaves, the colors are so beautiful here in Michigan. The cool crisp air! I love it ALL! Especially cold apple cider and some donut holes! yummy!!

    I haven't read that book, but I hate it when books make you cry at the end - and not in that "oh that's so heartwarming" kind of way. :(

    April @ My Shelf Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi again! =)

    Thankss for answering my question. I thought it was the same book, haha. The title confused me! Anyway, have you seen the award I gave to you? =) I'm not sure if your site is award-free, but I'm giving it to you anyway cos I think you really deserve it. =)

    Here's the link: http://books4juliet.blogspot.com/2011/09/awards-versatile-blogger-and.html

    xoxo, April

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really hate books with sad endings. I want everyone to be happy!

    Kristina
    http://ladybugstorytime.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. I spent a holiday near St Louis one summer and remember it being sooo hot, I don't blame you for wanting some respite. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I wish I knew what autumn was! LOL. Florida has two seasons...hot and really hot. Actually believe it or not we had a water pipe freeze in our house in January.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cooler temperatures will be such a blessing to us all. Even the northern bloggers are sweltering!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Easy and very good question. I would have Prim NOT die at the end of Mockingjay... I just popped over from Crazy for Books, so i'm a new follower and admin over at peaceloveyalit.blogspot.com/ Happy Blogging!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!