Sep 19, 2011

ARC Review--Blood Rights by Kristen Painter

Born into a life of secrets and service, Chrysabelle's body bears the telltale marks of a comarré -- a special race of humans bred to feed vampire nobility. When her patron is murdered, she becomes the prime suspect, which sends her running into the mortal world...and into the arms of Malkolm, an outcast vampire cursed to kill every being from whom he drinks.

Now, Chrysabelle and Malkolm must work together to stop a plot to merge the mortal and supernatural worlds. If they fail, a chaos unlike anything anyone has ever seen will threaten to reign.

I received this ARC from the publisher for review

Kirsten Painter's Blood Rights was an incredibly fascinating tale from cover to finish! I remember seeing the book on another blog and after some research and requesting, I was able to get a review copy! I was beyond thrilled!

Blood Rights is set in the future, yet it doesn't have that space-agey futuristic feel to it. The time period doesn't even seem to matter to the story point. Chrysabelle was a wonderful character! She is comarre, which is means her blood is different from others and vampire nobles pay high prices for them. 

The world building was done exceedingly well in my opinion. There's a whole new set of rules and other daily life things we have to learn and it's not at all confusing. Told in multiple third person p.o.v. we get to see quite a few of the characters and learn a lot about them and their pasts.

Never a dull moment in this book, as Chrysabelle is trying to find a certain vampire to help her with the murder situation and to clear her name. What she finds is something else entirely. Malkolm is not your typical vampire, he has his own past and secrets as well.

What totally blows me away with this book is all that happens in it! The plot is well paced and keeps events moving and going and we learn more and more of the characters and their world. Come the end we get quite a few surprises and then it's really the end! 

I will definitely be looking into the next two books: Flesh and Blood & Bad Blood which will be released in October and November 2011. The pains of reading an ARC means I have to wait longer to read the next segments!

Overall rating 5/5 stars! 

This is truly a series you do not want to pass up! It is intriguing and mystifying in all ways an urban fantasy book should be!

Blood Rights releases September 27, 2011
 

3 comments:

  1. I have this for review, haven't read it yet but. Sounds great. Awesome review.

    Have a great day!

    -lacey

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you liked it so much! This is the second review I see with people liking it, so that bodes well. ;) I'm definitely curious! Will have to look into this one a bit more. I'm usually not a big future girl.

    Rebecca @ Kindle Fever

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen so many mixed reviews about this one. The cover gets me every time. It is quite the eye catcher.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!