Sep 30, 2011

Friday Hops

This blogger hop was created by Jennifer at Crazy for Books.

Here are the rules:
1. Enter your book blog link in the Linky List below (be sure to include how long you've been blogging and what genres you review!). If you post about the Hop on your blog, please link directly to your Hop post (don't forget to answer this week's question - see below!).
2. Visit other blogs in the Linky List! Make new friends! Follow new book bloggers! Talk about books! Rave about authors! (Please do not leave your link and not visit other blogs - it's just not cool and not in the spirit of the Hop!)
3. Post about the Hop on your blog! Spread the word about the book party! The more the merrier!
4. In your blog post, answer the following question (new question each week!):

In honor of Banned Books Week, what is your favorite “banned or frequently challenged book”? Here's a link to this years and previous years.

MY ANSWER: Well my answer isn't anything current! I actually had to go through all the previous years trying to see if I had a fave banned book! And how could I forget about the Harry Potter series?! Yup, 10 years ago (OMG! I am old) it was on the banned books list!

Although another fave that was banned in 2001, was Blood and Chocolate by Annette Curtis Klause! I totally LOVED that book! It was wayyy better than the movie, but if you don't compare the movie to it, then the movie was good too!!



This is a weekly blog meme hosted by Parajunkee's View and Alison Can Read.

Here are the general rules to Follow Friday:
1. Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Hosts and any one else you want to follow on the list
2. Follow our Featured Bloggers
3. Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing.
4. Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say hi in your comments
5. Follow Follow Follow as many as you can
6. If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love...and the followers
7. If you want to show the link list, just follow the link below the entries and copy and paste it within your post!
8. If your new to the follow Friday hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!

This week's question is: What book that hasn't been turned into a movie (yet) would you most like to see make it to the big screen, and who would you like cast as your favorite character?

MY ANSWER: Ooh tough one and yet one that tends to come to mind pretty often!! There are quite a few books I would love to see make it to the big screen or even small screen--as long as it was a movie and not a TV series!

For YA I would like to see...13 to Life by Shannon Delany. (Yeah, couldn't see that coming!) ;) Although cast wise I'm not sure. Think that Ian Somerhalder would make a good pick for Max though!! Love that man!


For adult book I would pick (among the many!) Stray by Rachel Vincent! Heck the whole series should be made into a movie or movies since the books are long! Love em!! Talked with other friends online about who we would cast for the movie with the characters and I still don't think I know! Really no actor can look like the character to me. They sometimes play them real good, but the appearance is never the same as I created in my mind.

Although Eliza Dushku might make a pretty decent Faythe! After all she did already play a Faith too! Of course it was only after I wrote Faythe that I remember her role on Buffy, but that was not why I picked her. Think she sort of looks like Faythe as I imagine her.


24 comments:

  1. I loved Blood and Chocolate, too, so much so I couldn't bear to see the movie after reading the synopsis. But I'm glad you're able to enjoy it along with the book. :) Have a great weekend!

    ~DJL
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't read the book / series. But the actress is a cool pick. Tough chick :-)
    My hop: FollowFriday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Harry Potter was banned 10 years ago?! seems like just yesterday...

    Trish - My Memes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by the blog Jessica. :) I believe a lot of people had a hard time answering this question. And would you believe that I haven't read any books from the HP series? boo me! heheheh. But looking forward to reading them soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some interesting pics-all are new to me authors-thanks for hopping by my blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blood and Chocolate is amazing! And whoa Ian would make a great Max in a 13 to Life movie for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, man. Stary as a movie? I would die of happiness. Getting urban fantasy to the screen would be so dreamy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG yes!! Shifters. It totally slipped my mind, but that could also be an awesome movie if done right! Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!

    Rebecca
    Kindle Fever

    ReplyDelete
  9. your good at picking the books to be movies! Awesome picks, Stray would be amazing in a motion picture!

    Thanks for stopping by today, please don't be a stranger

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww, I haven't read either of the books, but anything with Ian Somerhalder in it would definitely keep my interest in it! ;)

    Rywn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Friday, just blogging by.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/09/book-bologger-hop.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haven't read 13 to Life, but it sounds really cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Blood and Chocolate sounds interesting - I'll have to add it to my list. That and 13 to Life. Great picks!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven't read either of the books that you selected, I'll have to check them out!

    Thanks for stopping by & Happy Friday!

    Holjo @ Pedantic Phooka
    www.pedanticphooka.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's so hard to believe Harry Potter is on the banned list in some areas.. such an amazing series with so many great qualities!

    I haven't read any of the other books you mentioned, but it's always interesting when a book we love is turned into a movie.. I'm always hesitant because movies are never the same images we hold in our heads when we read.. and sometimes the difference is so shocking it's horrifying!

    Have a great week!
    April @ My Shelf Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just dropping by for the blog hop. I chose To Kill a Mockingbird, though it's been many years since I've read it.

    My Answer

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi,

    I haven't read either of the books, but, I do have Stray here from library to read. So I will be interested to see how your cast fits:D

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hopping through. Hard to believe Harry Potter has been banned. Well, not that hard to believe - but it's sad.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ooooh I really liked 13 to Life! That would make a great movie :) Thanks for stopping by my FF!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I really need to read 13 to Life. I see it all over the blogging world. And Ian Somerhalder...would definitely watch anything he did.

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ~Kristin @ Better Read Than Dead

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think 13 to Life would make a great movie... I haven't read it though hehehe... but it sounds really good...

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    Have a great weekend!

    xoxo, april

    ReplyDelete
  22. I really, really want to read Blood and Chocolate! It sounds like a really good read, and I had no idea that it was a banned book!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love Harry Potter as well. I need to go back and find out why it was banned because this is a pretty clean book. There is violence later in the series but for the most part, it's nothing serious.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!