Sep 15, 2011

Review--Twisted by Gena Showalter

SIXTEEN-YEAR-OLD ADEN STONE HAS HAD A HELL OF A WEEK. HE'S BEEN:

TORTURED BY ANGRY WITCHES, HYPNOTIZED BY A VENGEFUL FAIRY, SPIED ON BY THE MOST POWERFUL VAMPIRE IN EXISTENCE, AND, OH YEAH. KILLED--TWICE.

His vampire girlfriend might have brought him back to life, but he's never felt more out of control. There's a darkness within him, something taking over…changing him. Worse, because he was meant to die, death now stalks him at every turn. Any day could be his last.

Once upon a time, the three souls trapped inside his head could have helped him. He could have protected himself. But as the darkness grows stronger, the souls grow weaker—just like his girlfriend. The more vampire Aden becomes, the more human Victoria becomes, until everything they know and love is threatened.

Life couldn't get any worse. Could it?

OMG. OMFG! That's what I had to say after finish Gena Showalter's Twisted! It is a doozie of a cliffhanger and the downside is that from what I recall hearing in the blogosphere, the next one might not be til 2013. 2013!! Two years!! I am going to go absolutely insane! Never before--that I can recall--have I ever got so invested and involved with the characters and totally feeling for them! My fave of all is Riley and Mary Ann! I yearn for one of them to be the third person narrator! I guess because in some ways I feel myself relate to Mary Ann--being the quiet one and whatnot, not the super super smart part! And Riley, oh Riley! I just love that wolf!

And boy oh boy this story definitely rocked! In the beginning I was starting to worry about Aden and Victoria, things were complicated between them. Their relationship seemed to be taking turns for the worst. Victoria and Aden both changed dramatically. 

Like always it's hard to get into all the details without giving away spoilers. Mostly because SO MUCH happened! OMG 564 pages was soooo not enough! Aden's trying to adjust to his new changes from Victoria and rule the vampires since he's their king, but with challenges coming left and right he's having a hard time. Victoria seems to be losing her vampire-ness while Aden's gaining some, and don't forget she still has a challenge to take in order to keep Aden to herself from that other vampire b*tch--whose name is escaping me for the moment!

Mary Ann is on the run if you recall, with her ex Tucker in tow. She's trying to help Aden out by figuring out who his other souls' true identities are. And Tucker is still a bit of a problem, he says he's not under Vlad's control anymore because after stabbing Aden under his orders, he took off to be with her to help dull his demon-ness. But Riley catches up with them, ending his fun. Mary Ann gets onto something, something big! She makes more than one shocking discovery, and of course there's some serious stuff happening between her and Riley. She still loves him, but this THING that happened which I can't say, is BIG and it kind of puts a wedge between them that totally broke my heart!

Vlad is still on the fringe of things and intent on ruining Aden's life. While Aden is still trying to help the souls with their unfinished business, and he does manage to send one more soul onto heaven or wherever at the end. But then something else HUGE happens. BIG TIME HUGE for ALL the characters! The 4 had separated and we left them all totally hanging in the moment, so it's killing me to have to wait so long for the next book. And the choices the characters make are really nagging at me, because I want to know the results. I want to know how things will end! Something BIG is going to happen to all of them and I want to know what it is now! Not 2 years from now! Oh I hope that was just a rumor--which I kinda doubt--and that a new book comes out next year. Plus there's word of a spinoff series featuring Riley's bros! Which sounds good! 

So there's my review! Sorry I can't say more! Just so much happened and I so loved it and it excited and killed me, I feel if I talk more I might say something I shouldn't, these fingers have a mind of their own when typing sometimes! The book is well paced as its predecessors so the action is hardly ever dull, just when you get wrapped up with one's telling, we jump to another character and get sucked into their p.o.v. A tremendous read!

Overall rating 5/5 stars


7 comments:

  1. OMG, you're such a tease! I adore this series and I have yet to purchase Twisted! I'm dying to know what happens with our lovely characters, especially after how Unraveled ended. I'm a bit scared by that cliffhanger you mentioned, but I'm glad you enjoyed this one. I'm looking forward to reading it too! I love Riley!<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely sounds awesome. Why would an author wait 2 years? It seems soo horrible. Well I'll guess I'll wait to read this one because I hate cliffhangers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GAH! I NEED to order this! I didn't get a review copy this time. :(

    I'll come back and read your review once I"ve read this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're right for picking this in your TGIF today! I really liked reading this review and putting Twisted on my wish list, it sounds awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great review. I think the first book in this series is on my TBR. But I haven't read one of her books yet. But now I want to after reading your review...although I kind of don't want to start either. Especially since the next book isn't coming out until 2013.

    Oh wow...how embarrassing. I actually have the first book, Intertwined on my bookshelves. Don't know when I bought it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this series. Intertwined was the first books I ever read that made me ugly cry! And the ending of Twisted...it makes sense, but still! Can't wait for the next one. Great review :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a book on my Kindle now from Gena Showalter and I heard awesome things bout her! Ill be adding this to my TBR pile!

    Valerie @ Intriguing Reads

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!