Sep 14, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday

I hate waiting...
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly blog post by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights releases we're eagerly awaiting.

Laying hands upon the injured and dying, Avry of Kazan assumes their wounds and diseases into herself. But rather than being honored for her skills, she is hunted. Healers like Avry are accused of spreading the plague that has decimated the Fifteen Realms, leaving the survivors in a state of chaos.

Stressed and tired from hiding, Avry is abducted by a band of rogues who, shockingly, value her gift above the golden bounty offered for her capture. Their leader, an enigmatic captor-protector with powers of his own, is unequivocal in his demands: Avry must heal a plague-stricken prince—leader of a campaign against her people. As they traverse the daunting Nine Mountains, beset by mercenaries and magical dangers, Avry must decide who is worth healing and what is worth dying for. Because the price of peace may well be her life....


I so can't wait to read this one! I absolutely LOVE Maria's work, as you may know by now! This is going to be her new adult trilogy and I really really REALLY want to read it already!! Maria is my all-time--and probably only--favorite fantasy author! Her fantasies are so amazing and incredible, I just can't explain why I get so sucked into the worlds she creates, I just do! Of course Janco was a big part of my love of the Study and Glass trilogy! And Valek's a given!!


TITLE: Touch of Power
AUTHOR: Maria V. Snyder
GENRE:
Fantasy
RELEASE DATE:
December 20, 2011


21 comments:

  1. I haven't read anything from this author. If you love her work so much I probably will too. I will have to look up her other work. This one is going on my TBR list:) Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of this one before, but it sounds really good! Great pick! :)

    My WoW: http://lost-in-lit.blogspot.com/2011/09/waiting-on-wednesday-10.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, wow . . . this sounds great! I've never read any of Maria's work, but this may just be my first.

    Here's my WOW for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw a book in this series last week too! It sounds really good though. I haven't read any of her works, but I do have Poison Study on the shelf to get to eventually. Thanks for stopping by my blog this morning. :)

    http://www.booksandbarks.com/2011/09/waiting-on-wednesdaysexiest-vampire.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, wow, that is pretty! I've never heard of this, or read any of her books, but I love the sound of it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds great and has a beautiful cover.

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha! I love the pic of Inigo Montoya :) I will have to be adding this book to my list. I have been seeing it a bit this week. The cover is so so pretty. Thanks for sharing :)

    Here's my Waiting on Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. great wow chick, thanks for stopping by

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, Jessica. Love the new layout! This sounds like an awesome read. Good choice!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am going to have to check some of her stuff out. I haven't read any of it before. Great Choice.

    Here's my WoW

    ~Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a really good book. Awesome choice. Here is My WoW for this week. =]

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't read anything by this author before but hearing that she is your fave fantasy author - I must check her out!!

    Thanks for stopping by Book Sake.

    ReplyDelete
  13. the cover of this novel is gorgeous. i love the pinks and purples. i've never read a maria snyder book and i think it's time i do.

    please check out my WoW pick this week.

    michelle

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like a great read! The cover is gorgeous btw. I am definetley checking this author out.

    Please check out my WOW

    Katie from
    Curse of the Bibliophile

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've heard so many good things about this author and I still haven't read her. :/ This book sounds really good. And the cover is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh this seems awesome!! Can't wait to check it out!!

    thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I LOVE this cover. I actually saw someone at school today reading one of her books! And this sounds great. I'll add this one to my TBR!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gah! The cover for this is SO pretty! I've always wanted to read something Maria Snyder... I hope it's great!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This one is on my TBR too! There are seems to be so many good books with beautiful covers lately and I'm becoming more excited to get them! =)

    xoxo.April
    My W.O.W.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've been seeing this one around a lot. I will have to check it out.

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!