Dec 14, 2014

Stacking the Shelves

This weekly meme is hosted by Tynga's Reviews.

Stacking The Shelves is all about the books we are adding to our shelves each week, sharing with you our excitement for our newest titles and maybe have you discover a new book in the process!



I had quite a week this week! I got quite a few preorders that I forgot, some books I ordered last week with my B&N coupons, and my Black Friday Bookoutlet Order came as well.

My Bookoutlet order was just these three; overall damages were minimal. Been hearing HORROR stories of severely damaged ones. There were a few dents in the Jay books on the spines, but nothing too dreadful. The worst was seeing a black permanent marker dot on the back of Gier's book!

Sapphire Blue by Kiersten Gier--I had the first and third ARC, so I thought I'd buy this one!
Juliet Immortal by Stacey Jay--I enjoyed Princess of Thorns and decided to try this duology as well!
Romeo Redeemed by Stacey Jay--and the reason to try the whole duology was that this one was SIGNED!!


Other books I bought were:

Princess of Thorns by Stacey Jay--a keeper copy since I read the ARC!
Wicked by Jennifer L. Armentrout--cannot wait to read!!
Gathering Darkness by Morgan Rhodes
Mermaids: The Myths, Legends, & Lore by Skye Alexander--a B&N bargain, thought maybe I might try writing a mermaid kind of book one day! It's research purposes kind of book!
The Mythical Creatures Bible by Brenda Rosen--another research kind of book! This one will definitely be helpful in trying to find another paranormal creature I could write about!
Fire & Flood by Victoria Scott--SIGNED! A present to myself! Decided to take Victoria up on her offer of buying signed books! I never did buy a keeper copy of this one and the opportunity was too perfect to pass up!


For review from the publisher I received:

The Witches of Echo Park by Amber Benson (ARC)--curious to try this one! Couldn't get into Amber's first series but might be trying this one out!!


And now for the non-book goodies, but some are still very BOOKISH!

From a spree with coupon at Shirt.Woot, I bought:

Grim Readers Book Club--made me think of the Charley Davidson series and plus my books are 99% paranormal reads, so I felt the skull guy fit!
The second is a bookish quote that made me lol! So true! "When I have a little money I buy books. And if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."--priorities!

Then at the time of buying my purchase came with a FREE gift! It was this set of pins! 
The BINGE--a popular design that basically has Cookie Monster passed out from his binge of milk and cookies!
Go Sports! Move the thing to the other thing!--which is sooo me, because I am clueless with sports! LOL
And then this sciencey looking thing! The red dots are dice..not sure what this design meant or was...

Scrabble Jewelry from Home Studio, an Etsy shop! This was a huge Black Friday sale and I went a little crazy!
The Scrabble tiles were mostly bookish ones; I Like Big Books and I Cannot Lie!
Book Hangover: Bloodshot Eyes, Lack of Energy, Guilty Smile--these have checkmarks next to them
I Cannot Live Without Books
Forget the Beast, I'll Take His Library
a Gingerbread Guy!
So Many Books, So Little Time--on a clockface! Totally cute!
I Still Believe in 398.2--the Dewey Decimal System number for the Fairy Tale section!


Guardians of the Galaxy DVD--have yet to see it and it was $10 so I was pretty happy with my sale!



And as I weep over my credit card bill, I at least have some shirts, fabulous jewelry, a movie to watch and plenty to read until next pay day! What did you all get?





 

26 comments:

  1. Woooo so many goodies!! Can't wait to hear your thoughts on Juliet Immortal! I've been wanting to try that one for ages!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fab haul this week! I really want to read Wicked, looks so good! Hope you enjoy them all :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great haul and some nice goodies I love all your bookish stuff and I want those shirts! :)

    Stormi
    Books, Movies, Reviews. Oh my!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool assortment of books and stuff. I really like the red(?) shirt. The jewelry and pins are nice too. I wasn't that big a fan of Princess of Thorns. I hope you like the other two books. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was nervous about my bookoutlet order too! Thankfully, it was just my paperback that was a little imperfect, but nothing to freak out about. (Especially since it was for me and not a gift.) I am really hearing great things about Kersten Gier's books. Clearly I need to read them! And of course, yay for Wicked!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I LOVE the Grim Reaper Book Club shirt, it reminds me of Charley too :)

    LOVED Fire and Flood! I bought me a keeper copy after I read the e-ARC but I may have to get a signed copy if Scott ever offers it again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yay great books and all! I haven't read any but I have a jay book I need to read. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all the book bling! Nice haul this week - I hope you enjoy all of your new reads!

    ReplyDelete
  9. AWESOME haul and so many books that I need to get for myself especially Wicked which I might just get for myself for my birthday on Thursday as a present to me from me! Sounds like a plan!

    Thea @ Gizzimomo's Book Shelf

    ReplyDelete
  10. Were your bookoutlet books "scratch n dent?" I bought one book like that, but my order doesn't come in until Wednesday so I'm happy it's not too badly damaged. :/

    Guardians of the Galaxy was a great movie. I saw it twice in theatres and once last night, the deleted scenes are hilarious (but short ): ). I think I'm gonna pick it up for my husband for Christmas.

    Have a good week Jessica!

    Amber Elise @ Du Livre

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely understand about being OCD about the physical condition of books, especially when you don't pick them out in the bookstore! ><

      Delete
  11. Great haul! A few there that I am dying to read. I am hoping to get Guardians of the Galaxy for Christmas fingers crossed. Hope you enjoy your new reads and the dvd :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You always have these massive book hauls! I gotta get myself a copy of Gathering Darkness once I catch up. And I also got The Witches of Echo Park for review, actually starting on it this weekend! Hope you enjoy!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Witches of Echo part was cute, and I am loving the signed books:) Enjoy Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am reading Wicked now - hope that you end up loving it. Have a great Sunday and upcoming week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I enjoyed Fire & Flood! And omg I loved the Ruby Red series by Kerstin Gier! She's a fabulous author. I hope you enjoy all of your new books!

    Thanks for visiting my blog! Have a fabulous week :)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great haul! I have yet to get Wicked. It's on my Christmas wish list.
    You got a nice collection of non book goodies too. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wicked looks so pretty.

    I just saw Guardians of the Galaxy. LOVED IT!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wicked!!!! I am dying to get my hands on that book. I asked for it for Christmas so I have to stop myself from clicking purchase on Amazon.... Also, I'm starting Princess of Thorns today!! I'm so excited about it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yay for Stacey Jay's books - I'm going to be reading those soon! :) I'm also thrilled you got Wicked. I'm gonna pick up that one too. I love your t-shirts and the scrabble jewelry!! I wish it wasn't so late in the game or I'd put those on my Christmas wishlist. Oh well, my birthday isn't too far away. :) Have a wonderful week, Jessica!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Excellent haul, Jessica! It's nice to get little somethings you had forgotten about pre-ordering, no?
    I hope you'll enjoy all your new books
    Have a great week :)

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm listening to Princess of Thorns right now and it's awesome! Love Guardians of the Galaxy!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a fab haul, Jessica! Love the t-shirts, hope yo enjoy it all :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Why must you show Woot spoils! I am way to tempted to go buy them right away, haha! I grabbed the new series from Amber too and am quite curious. I didn't realize she had a first series, but hopefully this one is better!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow! So much awesomeness in your haul this week. I need to read Wicked. Heard awesome things!

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is an awesome haul! A big yay for Wicked! Can't wait to read that one.

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!