Dec 28, 2014

Stacking the Shelves--Xmas Haul

This weekly meme is hosted by Tynga's Reviews.

Stacking The Shelves is all about the books we are adding to our shelves each week, sharing with you our excitement for our newest titles and maybe have you discover a new book in the process!



I hope everyone celebrating had an amazing Christmas! Mine was incredible!

So pre-Christmas, I gifted myself with a few DVDs because Amazon had a sale that I couldn't pass up! And one is even book related!


 The 100 Season 1 DVD--didn't watch it when it aired, but been hearing lots of good things so I jumped at the $15 price when I could!
BITTEN Season 1 DVD--really liked this show despite the incredible differences from the book it made, but loved it all the same! Can't wait for season 2!!


Then I also bought for myself:

 The Ryu Morgue by Nicole Peeler
The Moth in the Mirror by A.G. Howard--already read and reviewed!



Then I won from Kathleen Peacock via the publisher:

 Willowgrove by Kathleen Peacock (ARC)


Then I also bought a while back and it finally shipped this week, this awesome tote bag from Shirt.Woot: 




For Xmas from my Mom, I got:

Opposition by Jennifer L. Armentrout--SIGNED by Jennifer & PEPE!! And it's a hardcover!!

Book-related from my Mom I got:

a pile of Books ornament
a small Gargoyle reading a book statue!


Non-bookish items I got:

Supernatural Season 9 DVD
Psych Season 8 DVD
Once Upon a Time Season 3 DVD
True Blood Season 6 & 7 DVDs
*lots of TV shows because I love rewatching them! Watch them a lot when I work out on the treadclimber! Makes the workout go by sooo much faster!
Veronica Mars the Movie DVD--yes! Now I just need to finish watching season 3 to be caught up for this one!
the traditional socks we do in our family
a Vera Bradley notepad and luggage tag
the Disney 2015 Desk Calendar--going to be verrrrry helpful with those Random Thursday posts!
and the creme de la creme: a Haunted Mansion wallpaper infinity scarf!

this CUTE Peter Pan picture frame from Hallmark; it says: Grow wise. Grow strong. But, never grow up.



Book my bestie gave me for Christmas:

 Fairest of All by Serena Valentino

She also said she had ordered more books but Amazon was being wonky and not delivering them. Might have to wait until March. Luckily I have plenty to read until then!


And then I also got quite the variety of gift cards to B&N and Amazon. I'd say I got enough to get me through June! LOL!


So I'd say I was very, very good this year! LOL! And I cannot wait to spend these gift cards! My credit card will get a nice break for a good while now! What did you all get?!






25 comments:

  1. Great haul - I really want to buy the Once Upon a Time DVDs at some point! I was looking for them this Christmas, but just could not find them from any stores here in Finland :/

    Happy reading (and watching)! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG THAT TOTE. I love it!! I'm on the fence about my excitement for Willowgrove. I was DYING to read Thornhill, but it let me down. Serious second book syndrome :( I'm hoping the series gets better in the last book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you scored! I got some nice things but the only really cool stuff was my B&N card and Gamestop card..lol.

    Stormi
    Week In Review

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Peter Pan picture! And I can't wait to see what you think of Fairest of All. The one about the Beast is just weird. I haven't been able to finish it...

    Tracy @ Cornerfolds

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG ...... WHAT A HAUL ....... and those non-book items are just amazing.... ENJOY!

    and thanks for visiting mine too here

    Aparajita @Le' Grande Codex

    ReplyDelete
  6. You had quite the bookish Christmas! And 10 points for your mom, signed and hardcover! Wahoo!!

    I have all of the Disney villain novels but I haven't read any of them. Maybe I'll save them for a plane ride to the parks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great haul! I'm glad you got so many book related things. I love the assortment of DVDs too. I just got season 7 of True Blood too. Loved that series! Have a happy new year filled with lots of good books.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE that bag! Enjoy all your books.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great holiday haul! I hope you enjoy your books and swag!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  10. So much awesome!! I'm totally in love with that stack of books ornament. <3 Hope you enjoy all of your amazing new goodies!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome stack of books this week. I really like that tote. The Gargoyle statue is interesting. You had a great Christmas.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great haul, Some great presents you got there. Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoy all your new things :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your mom is AWESOME! That's so cool that she not only got you a signed book but it's personalized as well. That is so cool.
    I tried watching 100 on netflix and I couldn't get into it. Bitten is on my list as well but I haven't started it yet. I hope you enjoy all your new books, movies, and shows.
    Kristin @ Book Sniffers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  14. yay for all the new books and all, that's so fun and so many wonderful things. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm actually watching The 100 right at this very moment!! Hope you enjoy it!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hope you love Willowgrove! It's sooo great!

    Thanks for visiting my blog! Have a fabulous week :)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I loved Moth in the Mirror. And that tote bag is so cool! Great haul!
    Check out my STS

    ReplyDelete
  18. I LOVE that bag!! I am super jealous of your True Blood DVD's I still need to get mine!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the tote and the book ornaments! Opposition signed! NICE! I really like The 100 show. I need to read the book finally. Enjoy! Thanks for stopping by!

    Jennifer @ Some Like It Paranormal

    ReplyDelete
  20. Willow Grove sounds good, hope you enjoy and have happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the pile of books ornament. I must find one. That is my Christmas goal for 2015. I must have one on the tree next year!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a wonderful haul! lots of fun things, I am loving the book ornament, too cute!

    Have a great week, happy reading & enjoy your NYE! Sharon – Obsession with Books

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great haul! The TV shows look great as well as the books :) Have a great week!

    Zareena @ The Slanted Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!