Dec 31, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday

I hate waiting...
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly blog post by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights releases we're eagerly awaiting.




In this stunning bridge book between Cress and Winter in the bestselling Lunar Chronicles, Queen Levana’s story is finally told.

Mirror, mirror on the wall,
Who is the fairest of them all?

Fans of the Lunar Chronicles know Queen Levana as a ruler who uses her “glamour” to gain power. But long before she crossed paths with Cinder, Scarlet, and Cress, Levana lived a very different story – a story that has never been told . . . until now.

Marissa Meyer spins yet another unforgettable tale about love and war, deceit and death. This extraordinary book includes full-color art and an excerpt from Winter, the next book in the Lunar Chronicles series.
 



Looking forward to this one! Can't wait to understand the nefarious villainess a bit more!


TITLE: Fairest
AUTHOR: Marissa Meyer
PUBLISHER: Feiwel & Friends
GENRE: Sci-fi/Fantasy YA
RELEASE DATE: January 27, 2015


The sequel to the Hansel & Gretel retelling Greta and the Goblin King ups the stakes of danger and romance. As conflict surges across Mylena, the tough Greta struggles to save those she loves.

Against all odds, Greta and the Goblin King miraculously survived the battle against the evil Agramon. Greta should be happy to be alive and ready to claim her place in Mylena by Isaac's side. Yet nothing is the way she thought it would be. The battle against Agramon left a dark magick inside Greta that will eventually kill her. Isaac hasn't been the same since he almost went Lost. And there are whispers of a rebellion brewing throughout Mylena...

Determined to save Mylena from a bitter civil war, they travel to the mysterious Glass Kingdom to form an uneasy alliance with the deadly Faerie race. But when an unexpected disaster tears Greta and Isaac apart, she must make the journey on her own. Along the way, she discovers a conspiracy stretching back to events she never thought she would have to revisit, betrayal from allies whose loyalty she never questioned, and an enemy vying to control all of Mylena.

Follow Greta into unexpected romance, explosive secrets, and shocking betrayals that will leave her and all of Mylena forever changed in the stunning second installment of The Mylena Chronicles.



SOOOOOOOO cannot wait for this one! And it's coming out soonish!!!


TITLE: Greta and the Glass Kingdom
AUTHOR: Chloe Jacobs
PUBLISHER: Entangled Teen
GENRE: Fantasy YA
RELEASE DATE: February 2015 






 

17 comments:

  1. I've only read the first book in the Lunar Chronicles. I didn't realize that Greta and the Goblin King was the first in a series. I hope you enjoy reading both of your picks Jessica.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't started the Lunar Chronicles yet, but I do own the first book. And thanks for letting me know Marissa Mayer has a new book coming out next year.
    Happy New Year, Jessica :)

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  3. you mean Meyer is not done? OMG >_< this is gonna be such a good 2015

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read this series yet. Not really sure what I am waiting for.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great picks! Haven't read either of the series but might pick them up someday as I love fairytale retellings!

    Here's my WoW for the week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great choices. I never got into the Lunar Chronicles but I'm thinking about giving them another try. As for the other one I really need to start that series as I love a good retelling. Thanks for sharing and stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. New to me but sounds like it will be a good one. Hope you get a chance to read it soon and happy new years!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I liked Cinder but never continued with the series. The other, I'm not familiar with. I hope you enjoy this book when you read it!

    Thanks for visiting my blog! Happy New Year :)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need more Hansel and Gretel retellings in my life, I'll have to check this series out!

    And YES, Fairest! It's crazy to think that this comes out in just a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really need to start reading both of these series. I feel like I'm missing out. Great WoW this week.

    Betsy @ I Sold My Soul For Books

    ReplyDelete
  11. I should read Fairest, I guess, since I am all caught up on the Lunar Chronicles series :)

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really need to start the Lunar Chronicles, its been on my tbr for too long.
    Great choice!
    Aneta @ Angelic Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've been seeing a lot of both of these lately! Great picks!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fairest looks so good! I still need to read Cress though... Great choices!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really need to get onto this lunar chronicles thing! I have yet to read them though I have all of them sitting on my shelf!! My TBR shelf on books I own is WAYYYYY too big!! I hope you sure do get to enjoy them when they finally release!!

    Amber @ Paradise of Pages

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are both new to me... Greta nad the Glass Kingdom sounds awesome!

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!