Dec 23, 2014

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

http://shouldbereading.wordpress.com/
Here are the rules:
 
1. Grab your current read      
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc



"It felt as though she were made for reading, the way the words rolled around on her tongue like candy. She didn't see why this simple, glorious act was considered sinful in her grandmother's eyes. Especially when what she was reading was the blueprint of Christianity itself." p 61*

*Quote comes from my ARC copy, therefore it and its page number are not final.












TITLE: The Witches of Echo Park
AUTHOR: Amber Benson
PUBLISHER: Ace Trade
GENRE: Paranormal YA
RELEASE DATE: January 6, 2015


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.


This week's topic is: Top Ten Books I Wouldn't Mind Santa Bringing This Year


*in no particular order


THE ARCs I wish He'd Bring:

1. A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas--especially after seeing nearly ALL my blogging pals get this one last week, I am even more eager to read it!
2. Bound by Flames by Jeaniene Frost--almost out, so hoping maybe Santa could help me win the contest going to win it a few weeks early!
3. The Forgotten Crown by Julie Kagawa--need I say more?


4. Every Last Breath by Jennifer L. Armentrout--words needed? I think not!
5. The Return by Jennifer L. Armentrout--more JLA...more words not necessary!



Other Books Out:

6. A Shade of Blood by Bella Forrest--one I will likely have to buy myself!
7. Through the Woods by Emily Carroll--one I told my bestie to get me!
8. Welcome to the Dark House by Laurie Faria Stolarz--another I wrote my bestie about!


9. The Thousand Dollar Tan Lie by Rob Thomas and Jennifer Graham--I need to finish watching the series and movie and then I am sooo ready for more! LOL
10. Persephone by Kaitlin Bevis--ironically a looong while back I was offered to review it, but I passed because I was overwhelmed at the time but now I really want to read it!




16 comments:

  1. I am liking the teaser. Reading a sin? Or is what she's reading a sin? Hmmm...I'm intrigued either way.

    Old follower
    My TT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting teaser. Makes you want to know more. My teaser is from Bad Monkey by Carl Hiaasen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe I didn't think of ACoTaR. That is so high on my wishlist!

    My Top 10^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love Veronica Mars! I've had the book sitting on my shelf for a few months now, but it'll get read in 2015. I hope you find a few of these under your tree and good luck with the contest for Bound by Flames!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely love your list!! So many great ones on it that I need to add to my TBR pile. Have a great holiday and hope Santa brings you every last one of those!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope every book shows up on Christmas morning! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice teaser! You have some interesting books on your Santa list too. Happy reading and happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can you believe I've NEVER watched Veronica Mars?! I know! Shocking!!

    I hope you get a few of these under your tree this year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh these are all new to me, but look good! And your teaser makes me want to pick up that book! :)

    Tina @ Pages of Comfort

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really hope Santa brings you an ARC of A Court of Thorns and Roses, I finished it yesterday and it was AMAZING!!! :) I hope you find at least a few of these under your tree this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, yes, YES!! I want a lot of those arcs too! If only....

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lots of good choices! :)
    I have to get my hands on Through the Woods!! ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  13. Through the Woods, yes!! I don't have ACoTaR on my list, but I really want t!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Welcome To the Dark House looks SO good! I've had it on my TBR list for awhile but I want to see more reviews from friends before I take the plunge... Great list!

    Here are my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It seems like everyone has Sarah J Mass on their list and I think I have Throne of Glass under the tree waiting for me right now!

    Happy Holidays!
    My Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hope Santa (or bestie!) brings you these books! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!