Dec 18, 2014

Follow Friday

This is a weekly blog meme hosted by Parajunkee's View and Alison Can Read.

Here are the general rules to Follow Friday:
  1. Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Hosts and any one else you want to follow on the list  
2. Follow our Featured Bloggers
3. Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing.
4. Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say hi in your comments
5. Follow Follow Follow as many as you can
6. If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love...and the followers
7. If you want to show the link list, just follow the link below the entries and copy and paste it within your post!
8. If your new to the follow Friday hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!



This week's question is: Do you have a go to genre when you’re happy, sad, or angry? – via Take Me Away…


MY ANSWER: Not really. I've kind of broadened my paranormal only genre over the past year or two! Now I read some dystopians and what I call "thrillers" such as Jennifer Armentrout's Don't Look Back--that kind of real life scary read where the scary is more likely to happen in real life!

Anywho! I pretty much just read whatever when I'm in one of those moods. Of course, if I am too "emotional" I might not be in the right frame of mind to read. I wouldn't enjoy myself if I was too emotionally at the moment. But there really is no go to read or go to genre! I have wayyyy too many books in my TBR Mountain of Doom that I can't be overly selective with them. I would really love to be able to read all these books before I die in some odd decades...but with the amount I add every year...I am beginning to wonder if that's even a possibility! LOL!




 

9 comments:

  1. I can't wait to read Don't Look Back.
    I have definitely started reading more dystopia this year too.
    Have a great Christmas Jessica.
    Kirsty xx
    http://kirstylovesbooks.wordpress.com/2014/12/19/feature-and-follow-friday-the-christmas-hop/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I read to reflect the mood I am in, but I think it normally means..am I in the mood for cozy, thriller, romance, YA..lol. I never really thought about am I happy, sad, angry. :)

    Stormi
    Books, Movies, Reviews. Oh my!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tend to read based on my moods. As a result, my TBR is often ignored.
    Old follower :)
    Lisa@Lisa's Library

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually, now you say it, that's true of me too. If I'm too emotional, I have a hard time reading as well. Good point. Thanks for stopping by my blog and have Merry Christmas! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I sympathize with the huge TBR pile! I'm not sure I'll finish mine before the reaper comes for me either! I do read certain types of books depending on my mood, especially if I'm sad I like something that's light and a little funny. Here's my F&F. Old follower! Happy Holidays! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm the same. I'm not a mood reader but if I am feeling too emotional then it won't matter what I'm reading. I usually take those opportunities to reread something that I love just to get back into the reading habit. Sometimes even just a little Harry Potter is all it takes.

    Happy FF! Old follower
    Cassi @ My Thoughts Literally

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm quite the opposite, in terms of emotion. When I'm feeling emotional, I like to be absorbed into a book and get lost. Books are the sand to my ostrich! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've really broadened my reading genres too. I've slowly gotten into more dystopian. When I find ones I really like then I get really into them. But that's not a genre that I can readily go to and enjoy most of what I read. I'd say that those and paranormals are my "whatever" mood genres. I can read those any time anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I usually pick books depending on my mood. I find it hard to read a book that is opposite of my mood.

    I'm an old follower. Check out my FF at Stuffed Shelves

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!