Dec 9, 2014

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

http://shouldbereading.wordpress.com/
Here are the rules:
 
1. Grab your current read      
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc


So yeah...going to be bad today and have two teasers! Only broke the 2 line rule on the first one too! LOL!


"Janco and Onora headed south while Ari and Garik went east. Janco had been in high spirits, and by the crease in Onora's forehead, she would either kill him by the time they reached their destination or ditch him. If she was smart, she'd discover how useful he could be when he wasn't driving a person to distraction and when he was--Janco was talented like that." Kindle loc. 51%*


"'Don't worry about Timmer anymore. The next time he comes to your room, I'll be waiting for him, and if he survives the encounter, he'll be rendered harmless and unable to sire children,' Valek promised." Kindle loc. 56%*


*Quotes come from my eARC therefore they and their locations are not final.



TITLE: Shadow Study
AUTHOR: Maria V. Snyder
PUBLISHER: Mira
GENRE: Fantasy
RELEASE DATE: February 24, 2015


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.





This week's topic is: Top Ten New-To-Me Authors I Read In 2014


*in no particular order


 1. Susan Dennard--omg! I LOVED this trilogy! It has all the feels, but I love love love it!
2. Jessica Brody--one that I picked up on whim of sorts...or a good review, but it was sooo engaging! I loved it!
3. Caragh M. O'Brien--I haven't read her first series but this new one was very intriguing!


4. Michelle Hodkin--after sooo many amazing reviews, I picked this series up! And WOW! Still need to read that last one though!
5. Mary E. Pearson--another new to me one (duh!) but I just finished this last week and WOW! LOVE LOVE LOVE it!! Soooo cannot wait for book 2!
6. Danielle Paige--one of my most fave debut authors of the year! LOVE this book! The prequel novellas are pretty awesome too! Highly recommend reading those too!


7. Morgan Rhodes--I had her books in my pile (because at that time it was a pile! LOL) for two years before diving into this series! And WOW! LOVED IT! I even picked up her adult mystery series too!
8. Kresley Cole--omg! What an amazing series! I sooo can't wait for the final book next month! EEP! It was sooo interesting and intriguing...I can't explain all the love I feel for this series!
9. Rosamund Hodge--another awesome debut author! Love fairy tales and retellings so I can't wait for more in this series! Though I hear the next one isn't in the same world I don't think, but still sounds awesome with a retelling of Red Riding Hood!


10. Gretchen McNeil--an author I finally picked up this year and wow! LOVED her books! They were all sooo good! Though I think my fave was Ten! Because that one was such a great mystery!





26 comments:

  1. I really want to read Shadow Study but I'm so afraid of a rejection :( I hope you're loving it so far!

    I need to start Something Strange and Deadly, Mara Dyer and Falling Kingdoms! I also cannot wait for Heart of Betrayal. So many lucky people already have the ARC ahhhh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great teasers- unable to sire children seems harsh. Hopefully they deserved it. Two on your list have been in my TBR pile for years as well. Just can't seem to get to them.

    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice line up of books! I want to read #5 so bad! I read Ten last year and didn't enjoy it much. I knew who the killer was the second s/he came on the scene. It ruined it for me =(
    Monique @ Mo_Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great choices and so many books that are still on my TBR list, need to get to them soon but just not enough time and far too many books!

    My TTT  - Thea @ Gizzimomo's Book Shelf

    ReplyDelete
  5. The 2nd teaser made me laugh. Cruel Beauty looks good.
    Here's my teaser
    http://www.lovebitessilkties.co.uk/2014/12/teasertuesday-bookoftheweek-ride-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. The first one made me smile. The second one sounds deadly. Ouch!LOL
    I've not heard of this book. Got me curious now.
    Here's my TT - http://fuonlyknew.com/2014/12/09/teaser-tuesdays-91-a-zombie-christmas-giveaway-and-freebies/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh looks good. TThanks for stopping by. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also read Danielle Paige, Mary Pearson, and Susan Dennard for the first time this year (though they aren't on my list). I still need to read Michelle Hodkin, Morgan Rhodes, and Rosamund Hodge (they're in the TBR pile). Great list!
    Cassi @ My Thoughts Literally

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am reading Dorthy Must Die right now. I'm really enjoying it very much. It will be the first review on my brand spanking new book blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love Janco and Valek! Thanks for sharing a teaser with them in it :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Gretchen McNeil, her books always put me in a Halloween mood. I just finished Get Even and it was GOOD.

    And isn't Kresley Cole an adult author as well? I need to read Endless Night, it sounds like I would really like the love triangle in that one! :)

    Amber Elise @ Du Livre

    ReplyDelete
  12. I need to read Cruel Beauty! I've seen it around for so long, I HAVE to try and get it ASAP!

    And Shadow Study! :D ARI & JANCO!! Yay, awesome to see them back :D I really hope you love it, can't wait to read it :D

    Alma @ Journey Through Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome teasers, Jessica! And your new-to-me authors for 2014 made me think of some of the books I've added to my shelves but haven't read yet.
    Have a fantastic week :)

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great teasers! I can't wait until this one gets to the top of my Review stack. Thanks for visiting my blog. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  15. There are so many on your list that I'm dying to read! I don't think I've even seen Ten before but that cover is calling to me! I definitely need to pick that one up as soon as I have a free minute!

    Here are my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I want to read Cruel Beauty if for no other reason than I adore the cover! Michelle Hodkin is on my list of authors to try so hopefully 2015 will be the year. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  17. How did I miss this new Snyder book!? OMG!! Need! Also, I really want to read Susan Dennard's series soon!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Michelle and Rosamund were new to me this year too! Great list!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings
    Enter my blog birthday giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have Jessica Brody andMichelle Hodkin books sitting in my TBR as I type this. I really need to get to reading them! Great list!

    Old Follower

    Kat @ Readiculous Blog

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am sooooo jealous you have Shadow Study... They are great teasers!

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sounds like you've had some really good reads this year! I liked your teasers too! Thanks for visiting my site! Happy reading! Old follower.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Haven't read many of your picks but pretty much all of those are high on my TBR list. LOL. Great teaser as well. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Have a great week, Jessica! :D

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ahhh Cruel Beauty... I absolute adore that book! Susan Dennard is awesome too and Mara Dyer is just crazy good. Great list!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  24. I just picked up Cruel Beauty and I am so excited for it!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Michelle Hodkin is truly amazing, that is true. And I have been wanting to read TEN forever and I know exactly what it's about but haven't really had the chance and I NEED TO READ IT!
    :)
    Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!