Dec 30, 2014

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

http://shouldbereading.wordpress.com/
Here are the rules:
 
1. Grab your current read      
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc


Prepare to be terrified with this tease involving a CLOWN DOLL!! Eep!


"There's something about the clown. Apart from it looking distantly familiar...apart from it being bigger than the other toys. It almost appears alive. I keep waiting for it to move.

As it stares back at me, the shadows seem to change its expression--from a smile to an evil sneer. Even the cello in its hand can't soften the image." p 58











TITLE: Unhinged
AUTHOR: A.G. Howard
PUBLISHER: Amulet
GENRE: Fantasy YA
RELEASE DATE: January 7, 2014




Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.



 This week's topic is: Top Ten Goals/Resolutions For 2015



*in no particular order



 1. Find a New Job--my current job is nice and all, but I need one where I can make a little more money so I could move out and be an adult and all!
2. Read 150 books--I usually aim low, because if Goal #1 happens then Goal #2 may not happen so well!


3. Publish My Book--most likely the self-published route. What do you think? Would you all be interested in a vampire book?
4. Achieve 2000 GFC Followers--currently at 1706, so need another 294 to go!


5. Meet Some New Authors--I have no idea if A.G. Howard is even touring for Ensnared, but it would be pretty awesome to meet her! Frankly, I'll be happy meeting/seeing any amount of authors this year. I have no planned conventions this year sadly, but hoping a smaller one or some appearance visits pop up as the year moves forward!



And I think that's about all for this year. Not sure what else to think of to achieve! 5 sounds good to me!






23 comments:

  1. I hear you about the job thing and becoming an adult!

    Old follower
    My TT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you find a fabulous job this year that pays lots and lots of money and that you adore!

    Here's mine: A Little Nonsense.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seeing authors is a wonderful goal!!! Something I want to consider too!! Check out my
    TTT

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so need a new job too! Those covers for that series are just so awesome. Great teaser!

    Stormi
    TT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Great goals! I would definitely be interested in a vampire book! That's right up my alley. I read about 80 books this year, so I can't imagine fitting in 150, but you go girl! Lol. Good luck on the followers! I'm an old follower so I can't help you there, but I hope you make it to 2000!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Publish your book? That's a TERRIFIC goal! .... Do it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great goals! 2000 followers would be super impressive. I know you can do it! I'm also with you on meeting more authors. If it wasn't for BEA I would have only been to a few book signings. I'm not a popular place for authors to visit.
    Hope you have an amazing 2015!
    Cassi @ My Thoughts Literally

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm getting ready to read Unhinged. Don't you love the covers for this series.
    The clown has got to go!LOL Ever since Stephen King's IT, they all give me the creeps.
    I like your goals. I'm looking for a new job too. Figure after the New Year will be better prospects as the Christmas hiring will be over.
    Good luck on publishing your book!
    Here's my TT - http://fuonlyknew.com/2014/12/30/teaser-tuesdays-93-strange-magic-some-freaky-deaky-hoodoo/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great goals! Good luck with publishing your book. If you need some advice, check out the kboards (kindle boards), they are jam-packed with lots of information. Also, do yourself a favor and hire a cheap editor. If you would like some suggestions, email me.

    Here's mine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Omg I hope you get to publish your book!!!! I'm definitely up for a vampire book ;) 2000 GFC followers is crazy, I'm hoping for 200 lol! I hope you find a really great job (so you can have more money to buy books) hehe ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh! I need a job too! Those are great goals! Hope you archive them all!

    And go to books events for me then write everything about them! ;)

    Thanks for visit my blog!

    Giova @ Corazones Literarios

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ugh, I hear you about the job. I'm looking into that too, although I didn't list it as a goal because, you know, the necessary ones are no fun.

    Good luck on your book! Excited to hear about it, and update us please! :)

    Here's my Top Ten post

    Amber @ Dystopian Wonders

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great goals! Good luck with all of them! I hope you're able to publish your book :) And I'm SO glad you've enjoyed the Splintered series!

    Here are my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Creepy teaser - but then, I think clowns are creepy anyway. Good luck on your goals for the year. BTW, the whole adult thing is vastly overrated. Happy new year and thanks for visiting my blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Iv not done a Teaser this week, but you might want to check this out.

    http://satinsbookishcorner.blogspot.co.uk/2014/12/sbc-awards-2014.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oooh! I love your meet new authors resolution. I think it's super fun to go to sign events! Great list!

    Kat @ Readiculous Blog

    ReplyDelete
  18. Clowns give me the hebee jebees. Needless to say that is probably a book I will avoid. Love the resolutions, especially to get a new job.

    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  19. Finding a job is on my list too. I'm bored with bar work and I hate working shifts! Hopefully it will be a good year for both of us! My goal next year is 100 books, I only got to 84 this year, so thinking 100 should be do-able.
    Good luck with your goals and Happy New Year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great resolutions! I just started a new job in August that pays more and I LOVE, so I completely understand you wanting a new one :) Good luck on all your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awesome goals. I hope you get your book published and find that new job. I usually use reading challenges to try and stay on track with my reading. Freda's Voice is running the 100+ Book Challenge again this year if you want to join.

    Good luck with all your goals and thanks for visiting The Book Connection. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Good luck on 150 books and of course on publishing your own :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great goals!! Hope you get to find your dream job!!

    <3
    Vanessa
    Book Soulmates

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!