Dec 16, 2014

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

http://shouldbereading.wordpress.com/
Here are the rules:
 
1. Grab your current read      
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc


I'm breaking rules, but it is ooohhhhh so worth it! ;)


"Cleo could potentially help him, and he her. That was all that would ever be between them.

The thought made everything so much simpler.

'Do you have anything else to say to me?' she asked after silence stretched between them.

'Only this.' He grabbed her, pressed her up against the wall, and kissed her hard and deep. He let her go, pulled his cloak up over his head, and slipped out of the temple.

Perhaps things weren't that simple after all." p 107



 

TITLE: Gathering Darkness
AUTHOR: Morgan Rhodes
PUBLISHER: Razorbill
GENRE: Fantasy YA
RELEASE DATE: December 9, 2014




Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.



This week's topic is: Top Ten Books I Read In 2014 [Overall]


*in no particular order--and INSANELY hard to do!



1. Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Paige--a freaking amazing debut, so can't wait for more in this series! Still devastated that book three won't be out until 2017!
2. Poison Princess by Kresley Cole--another series that I just started this year and LOVED!! And it's supposedly going to be at least 4 books I believe I heard! EEP!
3. Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes--another series that took me a bit to start and again...WOW! LOVE IT!


4. Sixth Grave on the Edge by Darynda Jones--I say this one and not 7 because I still have to read 7! I always love these books in this series because they are just so awesome! And I love all the characters!
5. Shadow Study by Maria V. Snyder--true not a "2014" book, but I read it in 2014 and it. Was. AMAZING. Totally loved this series and was ecstatic to hear Maria was writing another trilogy with Yelena and gang!
6. Stone Cold Touch by Jennifer L. Armentrout--what's the best of 2014 without a JLA book?! I LOVED this one! This is such an amazing trilogy and I am dying to read the next and final one!


7. Dire by Alyssa Rose Ivy--the NA for the year! I LOVED this one! I loved Alyssa's other Paranormal NA series, which is awesome, but I have always loved werewolves! Not sure how or why since I started with vamps, but this was just such an incredible series and I am dying to read the next one! Soon! I HOPE!
8. Evernight by Kristen Callihan--one of those rare series that took a second try, but wow! SO GLAD I did! This is an incredible Paranormal Historical Fiction story! Normally I can't get into books set in the past, but this series blew me away! And there's always a special love for the most recent one and yeah, that remains true for this book too!
9. A Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Gray--one I dug up at RT and was ecstatic to have received it! Even without the gorgeous cover! But wow! This takes multiple dimensions to a new level! Much LOVE!


10. Ten by Gretchen McNeil--ooohhh how I loved this one! Probably my fave book by Gretchen! I loved the mystery! It was sooo awesome and it was pretty scary because it was you know a real live human murderer! I kind of pegged the murderer at one point, but then felt the need to change it...though I can't remember who became my second suspect! And Ten at #10 was just too fun to pass up!






33 comments:

  1. I want to read A Thousand Pieces! I've had such a debacle trying to buy that book you won't believe. I couldn't find it ANYWHERE! And when I ordered it online they cancelled it TWICE because they ran out of stock lol. Thankfully, now it's officially on its way

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I just purchased A Thousand Pieces of You and I'm super psyched to read it. Since it's on your Top Ten I'm going to go ahead and assume it was a beautiful read. And your teaser! Is Gathering Darkness young adult? I'll definitely be looking into that one.

    Check out my Teaser Tuesday ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stone Cold Touch made my list too! I also really want to read Morgan Rhodes' series. I've heard great things about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this bit "'Only this.' He grabbed her, pressed her up against the wall, and kissed her hard and deep."
    You read some lovely books this year.
    Here's My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL So much for that being all their was between them. This sounds good.
    I'm wanting to read Evernight and Ten.
    Here's my TT - http://fuonlyknew.com/2014/12/16/teaser-tuesdays-92-dependent/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really need to read Darynda Jones and Kristen Callihan. Great picks!
    here's is my TTT

    Janhvi @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ten sounds like one I would love and Cleo sounds like she is in serious trouble.
    sherry @ fundinmental My TT ~ Silver Borne by Patricia Briggs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, you've hooked me with that tease, Jessica. I've gotta check out Gathering Darkness. And I love your Top 10...I don't know how you did it, though. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Some great picks. I also really liked Dorothy Must Die but most of your picks are in my TBR. I'm planning to read A Thousand Pieces of You this month and the fact that it's on your list is a good sign!
    Cassi @ My Thoughts Literally

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved your teaser. I REALLY want to read Falling Kingdoms. Just haven't gotten to it yet. And Poison Princess has been on my list forever. Maybe I'll get to both of those in 2015. :D Thanks for stopping by my blog. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how diverse your top ten is!

    And I've heard amazing things about Falling Kingdoms, I hope you enjoy! :)

    Amber Elise @ Du Livre

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so glad Shadow Study was THAT GOOD!! I can't wait to read it! Great list and teaser!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow that teaser!! It's killer and I haven't even started the series yet. I NEED Shadow Study ahhhh.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great teaser. Sounds like things are definitely getting interesting between them.
    My Tuesday post features FAT CHANCE.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That teaser is hawt, Jessica! Very, very hawt :D

    And your list of best books is awesome. I haven't read any of them yet, but I have several on my TBR shelf.

    Happy reading :)

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  16. The character in your teaser has a great name ;-) Here is my TT https://cleopatralovesbooks.wordpress.com/2014/12/16/teaser-tuesday-december-16/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Always nice to see another Dire fan. It made my list this week as well. I also really enjoyed Dorothy. I love your teaser this is a new series to me but I need to clearly check it out. Thanks so much for sharing. Have a great holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really want to read 10, if you liked it so much, I'm sure I will love it. There are a couple of others on your list that I've been wanting to read, there's just not enough time. Thanks for visiting my TTT.

    LisaILJ @ I’ll Tumble for YA

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gathering Darkness sounds good but I haven't read Falling Kingdoms yet. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Maria V Synder books area always great reads. Great list. I still need to read Falling Kingdoms.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh this made me so excited because I just bought Fallen Kingdoms!
    This made me want to start reading it right now!
    Great list Jessica
    Ashley
    http://bookstothetea.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. First of all, I love that teaser! Second, the only book on your list I've read is Stone Cold Touch, but there are a lot of others I want to get to soon!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I haven't read any of these, but I've heard of a few of them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Interesting tease. I guess not everything needs to be said with words.

    Thanks for stopping by my tease.

    Marilyn @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ooh Shadow Study! I cannot WAIT to read that book, and I'm SO glad you loved it :D I really need to read more JLA books - I haven't started any since the Lux series ended! Hopefully next year I'll get around to all her other series! Awesome list, Jessica!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great tease! I need to read that series, I have book 2!
    And I am so jealous you got Shadow Study... my chances aren't great until next year!! Dayum!

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  27. I haven't read any of these but Dorothy Must Die and Ten are already on my TBR list. Great choices!

    Tracy @ Cornerfolds

    ReplyDelete
  28. oh my gosh. so exciting.. i have Dorothy must die and TEN on my book shelf and i have been dying to get to those! Ill read them next ! thanks, and great list! old follower!
    Katie @Inkk Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  29. These are all new to me, but there are some gorgeous covers there! Thanks for stopping by my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!