Number Of Books You Read: 141 books as of December 29th, possibly 142 before the 31st!
Number of Re-Reads: 0, I rarely have time for re-reads with too many new books to read!
Genre You Read The Most From: Paranormal (kind of 50/50 with Adult & YA)
1. Best Book You Read In 2015? (If you have to cheat — you can break it down by genre if you want or 2015 release vs. backlist)
Going to have to break it down to my top 5, just 5! I seriously wanted to keep going too!
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
Sticking to 2015 books and not 2016 ones I read this year, I have to say I was a bit upset with this one. It just didn't go in the direction I had been expecting. It was quite upsetting in the long run.
3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read?
I had anticipated loving this one and I did! I wasn't expecting to love Daemon even more than I had! And let me tell you, the first book, Obsidian, in his point of view, gave me whole new insight to his douchery!
4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)?
I guess I might have pushed these a lot before Halloween! I thought they were creepy incredible reads and I couldn't get enough of them!
5. Best series you started in 2015? Best Sequel of 2015? Best Series Ender of 2015?
Best new series: Colleen Houck's Reawakened! I feel like I've been waiting forever for a new read from her and I LOVED this one!
Best Sequel: The Heart of Betrayal by Mary E. Pearson, another amazing series that I am loving! This one was pretty awesome!
Best Series Ender: Every Last Breath by Jennifer L. Armentrout, I was sooo happy with this one in every sense of the word!
6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2015?
Danielle L. Jensen--loved this one! Such an interesting read and cannot wait for the finale next year!
Anne Bishop--I still need to read the next two books in the series, but I loved this one! It's the kind of paranormal read I always enjoy reading.
Jennifer Estep--I've had her first YA series in my TBR pile for ages, but then I got an ARC of her new one and I really enjoyed it! So I need to get to her first one soon!
7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
This might be the closest I ventured out of my reading comfort zone. I enjoy the comic book movies, so having a book with super heroes in it and villains, sounded intriguing enough. And I already loved one of these authors, so it felt like a sure thing! And it was!!
8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
Deceptions was a good thrilling, mysterious kind of read! I love Kelley's books and this series is just the right combo of mystery, weird, and paranormal!
Swerve was Vicki Pettersson's first thriller and it was a-mazing!!
9. Book You Read In 2015 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
Again, I hardly ever re-read anymore! I have too many books I need to read for the first time still! :(
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2015?
The Girl at Midnight--looove the gorgeous purples and starry sky!
Reawakened--this one just screams Egyptian and mysterious
Oblivion--it's Pepe, need I say more?
11. Most memorable character of 2015?
Daemon Black, because always Daemon Black!
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2015?
While I couldn't get into TOG, I had no trouble at all falling in love with ACOTAR!!
13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2015?
It's weird, but I felt like I could really connect to Mary Anne on some levels. I loved how strong of a character she grew to be even though she started out being a little more timid.
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2015 to finally read?
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2015?
"'There is always light. The stars are always shining, even if we can't see them.'" Chloe Neill's Dark Debt. I found this to be very inspiring!
16. Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2015?
Oblivion (kindle version): 1005 pages
Sudden Backtrack: 21 pages--but since this felt like more a scene, I also included one more novella:
The Wizard Returns: 71 pages
17. Book That Shocked You The Most (Because of a plot twist, character death, left you hanging with your mouth wide open, etc.)
There were a lot of FEELS to this one! Jaw-dropping moments, tears, shocks, tears, agony, TEARS!!
18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!) (OTP = one true pairing if you aren’t familiar)
Because there's never just one...
Sydney and Adrian
Feyre & Tamlin
Nick & Willa
19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year
Wren and Lark, twin sisters that not even death can separate! Seriously, one sister is a ghost, yet they two still have an amazing bond with one another!
20. Favorite Book You Read in 2015 From An Author You’ve Read Previously
Since that can pretty much describe EVERY book I've read this year by all my favorite authors, we'll just stick with one and it's a no-brainer too! LOL!
21. Best Book You Read In 2015That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:
22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2015?
Logan Echols--because he's now IN A BOOK!! LOL!
Jace--I wasn't a Team Jace fan in the original series but I totally fell in love with him this time around and love that he's with Abby now!
23. Best 2015 debut you read?
This one was all sorts of awesome and incredibleness!!
24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?
I guess with fantasies you except there to be superb world-building! And with a modern fantasy like TGAM, you just get blown away by all the awesomeness!
25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?
While The Isle of the Lost was a little more MG, it was still fun to read and had me grinning because of the Disney goodness in it! Of course, good is not to be meant literally as we have some villains' kids in this one!
The Vampire's Mail Order Bride had me grinning a lot because I basically LOVE this world! I soooo want to move to Nocturne Falls!!
With Salt & Stone, there was NO nearly crying! We're talking full on ugly tears!
Unchanged was more of the happy tears kind, but still a bit of sad tears to them!
27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?
Alyssa returns to her Afterglow Trilogy with a whole new trilogy set with the Forged Chronicles! So excited to be back into this world again! Even if I did just start the original series this year!
28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?
Reawakened's ending completely crushed me
Menagerie did a lot of soul crushing, then re-build, then crushing, then re-build!
29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2015?
Written in Red was unique with the way the paranormals lived and Survive the Night had a uniqueness to it that was freaking creepy!!
30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?
With Soul Crossed, it was more of a combo of mad and agonized/sad. There were just some events, little ones that left me very upset!
Reviews in a Pinch
The great thing about the Secret Santa project from The Broke and the Bookish is finding a new blogger friend!
2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2015?
Definitely my review/gush fest of Oblivion!
3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?
That could be almost any Random Thursday post! I always have fun with these but especially my Disney related ones! Here's one I found very interesting regarding the Evil Queen!
4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?
That was probably Anderson's YA Lit Conference! There were so many of my favorite authors there that I had yet to meet, so it was a lot of fun! Especially since I just went for the Sunday portion!
5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2015?
That would be just last week, when I received an ARC of Remembrance by Meg Cabot! The Mediator series was one of my very first favorite Paranormal YA series and to have yet another addition to the series but told in a more "adult" perspective of Susannah, was just awesome! It was my top most anticipated read for 2016 and I got it this year!
6. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
I'm a little technology-inclined. It's why I stay with Blogger despite having the occasional issue or two with it. So I'm struggling to find my most popular post! But with the set I'm being showed, my signup post for the 2016 TBR Pile Reading Challenge got over 350 views!
7. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
This kind of goes hand in hand with the previous question, technology-inclined! I used to be so much savvier as a kid! LOL! But yeah...not sure how to narrow things down. So I guess one post might be my review of Fatal Fortune by Victoria Laurie. But of course a lot of this can be related to interest, or not being caught up with the series and such.
8. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?
Hmm...I suppose I just became more in the know of Society6 and how huge it is and how many bookish stores there are! It's wonderful, if a bit overwhelming!
9. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
Yes I did! I read 141/100 books for my Goodreads Challenge
I read 38/31 for my TBR Challenge
I read 74/51 for my Real Book Challenge, and I am hoping it will be 75 before the end of Thursday what with my current read being a real book!
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2015 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2016?
Six of Crows!! Heard SO many amazing things but with a lot of things going on and then a short stack of review books, this one keeps getting pushed back! But will read it as soon as I finish my review stack...most likely!
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2016 (non-debut)?
Among the many, many...The Beauty of Darkness by Mary E. Pearson! Sooo cannot wait to see how this series ends!
3. 2016 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?
Shallow Graves sounds sooo intriguing! I mean having a ghost as a main character is pretty much the way to get me intrigued! LOL!
4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2016?
The Last Star by Rick Yancey is one I've been waiting for for a looooong time! Okay 2 years, but that's too long when this series is SO awesome!
5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2016?
I know I might say this a lot...or not...I don't know! But I would really really like to try to get my book published! Currently it sits (possibly) with a publisher as back in November I submitted to Harper Voyager when they had "open calls" for unsolicited manuscripts. So I sent my in, but have yet to hear back from them one way or another.
My problem is that again, I'm not the most tech savvy, and it seems you really need that when it comes to self-publishing. I might try looking into some of the more smaller publishing houses as well that do primarily ebooks and what not. But this will be one of my top goals for next year!
6. A 2016 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone:
Remembrance by Meg Cabot--I tell you people, this series is AMAZING! I adored it as a teen and to have an adult installment is just freaking incredible! And I can say that you can read this one without having read the other amazing 6 books, but a few things might be confusing, when it comes to references and what not. Think of it like Veronica Mars! You can see and enjoy the movie, but you will enjoy it a MILLION times better if you seen the previous TV seasons!
Into the Dim by Janet B. Taylor--I pick this one, just so you can start fresh instead of possibly adding another 7 books to your TBR pile, but note that those first 4 books comes from the early 2000s and then the next two were within the next 6 years, so they read super fast! But anyway...THIS book was incredible!! I hadn't expected to love it so much! Naturally, I had to go with the original cover art, because I find the new one so plain and dull. This one here however, is just awesome and is what led me to look at the book in the first place!