Apr 12, 2019

Book Blogger Hop

This meme is hosted by Billy at Ramblings of a Coffee Addict!
 
 
This week's question is: When reading a series, do you re-read the previous books before reading the newly released book? (submitted by Angelica @ Paperback Princess)
 
 
MY ANSWER: I used to. A long, long, long time ago when I didn't have enough to read. I can't remember those days too well. Lol. Nowadays I don't have time for rereading, so I've taken to taking extremely detailed notes. Granted I still have a pile of series that I don't have notes for that remain unfinished that I will likely be in trouble with when the time comes to pick up the next installment, but I can sometimes find a series recap on those too! Luckily for most I've only read book 1, so finding the recap shouldn't be too bad.
 
Occasionally I will binge read a series too and oh that's a wonderful feeling! It's such a breeze and I realize I need to do this more often! Lol.
 
 
 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. It's certainly hard to make the time to reread!! Great answer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to reread my favorites only, now I do not even have time for those, not speaking about some books in the series. For me the plot summary is usually enough to continue with the series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like you, I used to. For instance, I used to reread all the Harry Potter books up to the new one that was coming out. I did the same for the movies. These days, I have too much to read, and rarely get to reread things. Fun post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What sort of notes do you take? It sounds like a good system to avoid re-reading, I've had to ask my partner to read a plot summary to me so I can avoid spoilers upon occasion when I have left too long between picking a book back up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I, too, take notes while reading. This helps immensely when I come across a new book in a series.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!