Apr 16, 2019

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Purple Princess of The Purple Booker.



Here are the rules:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page

3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.



"An amused smile pulled at his mouth, as if it hadn't occurred to him and he was intrigued by the thought. 'We will, Kazi. You and I. We'll write our own story. And it will take a thousand volumes. We have a lifetime ahead of us.'"*


*This quote comes from the eARC, therefore it and its location are not final.










TITLE: Vow of Thieves
AUTHOR: Mary E. Pearson
PUBLISHER: Henry Holt
GENRE: YA Fantasy

RELEASE DATE: August 6, 2019




Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.


This week's topic is:  Rainy Day Reads (submitted by Shayna @ Clockwork Bibliotheca)


*in no particular order
**I've never really been a seasonal/holiday/related or whatever kind of reader but I suspect if I could be home for a rainy day these creepy/mystery/random reads would be my ideal choice...if I was needing to START a new read that is! LOL!


10. MEDDLING KIDS by Edgar Cantero--a book that's Scooby Doo inspired? Yes please!
9. SHADOW AND ICE by Gena Showalter--this one just because it's longish and would be a good read to start on a nice rainy day!
8. CONTAGION by Erin Bowman--pending that it was a rainy day in July after the sequel/finale's release date! Lol!


7. NEVERWORLD WAKE by Marisha Pessl--hello creepy rainy day read!
6. THE LONELY DEAD by April Henry--a nice creepy read and it's fairly short so it could even be a one-day read!
5. THE BROKEN GIRLS by Simone St. James--an eerie mystery that would be ideal to read with a thunderstorm!


4. 72 HOURS by Bella Jewel--this one sounds like a read to be read in the dark! Don't ask me why...I'm really not sure! Lol.
3. THE MERCILESS II by Danielle Vega--because I NEED to continue this series already!
2. THE MADMAN'S DAUGHTER by Megan Shepherd--because I need to read this series already! Lol.


1. OUR DARK DUET by Victoria Schwab--because I need to finish this duology! Yeesh, I really need to stop starting duologies without the entire series in front of me! 







11 comments:

  1. For me, I think I'd pick a Crime Fiction novel. But some thriller wouldn't be a bad idea, either. I've been wanting to pick up A Madman's Daughter! And we are on the same boat. I need to finish that V Schwab duet 😂
    Genesis @ Whispering Chapters

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Contagion sounds goods. I love reading scary stuff on blustery days.

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you have a chance to read Our Dark Duet soon. It's a perfect ending to the series.

    Happy readings! ;)
    Tânia @MyLovelySecret

    ReplyDelete
  4. Contagion I think would be PERFECT for a gloomy or rainy day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our Dark Duet is great, I hope you enjoy it!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2019/04/16/top-ten-tuesday-207/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not really a seasonal reader either, but these look like they might be fitting for a gloomy day! The Madman's Daughter and Our Dark Duet are particularly great reads!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love to read on a rainy day. Now that I'm retired, I might read all day.

    And, hmmm, a Scooby-Doo inspired book? Interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The weather/season doesn't rule my TBR either, but if it did, I would want something light and fun and heartwarming to combat the grey skies. I see you went with matching the mood, as did a lot of others.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have to read This Savage Song and Our Dark Duet too. Or anything written by VE Schwab, for that matter.

    Funny, the first thing I thought of when I saw the title Meddling Kids was Scooby Doo too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I almost included The Madman's Daughter this week too! That series is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohhh love Contagion! That was such an addictive read and I could totally see curling up with it on a rainy day.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!