Apr 29, 2019

Mini Re-Review--Legendary by Stephanie Garber

A heart to protect. A debt to repay. A game to win.

After being swept up in the magical world of Caraval, Donatella Dragna has finally escaped her father and saved her sister, Scarlett, from a disastrous arranged marriage. The girls should be celebrating, but Tella isn’t yet free. She made a desperate bargain with a mysterious criminal, and what Tella owes him no one has ever been able to deliver: Caraval Master Legend’s true name.

The only chance of uncovering Legend’s identity is to win Caraval, so Tella throws herself into the legendary competition once more—and into the path of the murderous heir to the throne, a doomed love story, and a web of secrets…including her sister's. Caraval has always demanded bravery, cunning, and sacrifice, but now the game is asking for more. If Tella can’t fulfill her bargain and deliver Legend’s name, she’ll lose everything she cares about—maybe even her life. But if she wins, Legend and Caraval will be destroyed forever...

Welcome, welcome to Caraval . . . the games have only just begun.


I have now re-read my second book in probably a decade! Good thing, Stephanie Garber’s Caraval series is a trilogy, so there wasn’t too much to re-read! Lol. I was reminded yet again, why Legendary was my favorite of the two books! I love them both to pieces, but I feel more in-tune with Legendary! Tella was a character to be reckoned with! She’s fierce, brave, sassy, and outgoing! There’s nothing she wouldn’t do to save the ones she loves!

And then I was reminded again, why I preferred Dante from the romances of Caraval. He’s dark and broody and a little moody at times, he’s mysterious and fiercely loyal to the ones he cares about. It’s a wonder that he and Tella clicked!

Then we have Jacks and before I thought he was just the evil villain, but then it definitely got more complicated before the story was over and I am left wondering just what he is up to. I love a good complicated character and thankfully this time I get to just dive into the next installment and see what comes from everything!

It was fun diving back into this one, I knew I needed a refresher when it came to all the Fates. And now that I remember…Whoa. A lot of things happened that were totally mind-blowing and I am excited to see how everything will come together in this grand finale! Even more excited since it will have both Scarlett and Tella’s points of view! I know that by the end I will be suffering from the worst book hangover ever, but I am beyond excited for it too!


Overall Rating 5/5 stars AGAIN! 







 

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed this one just as much the second time around! I am looking forward to seeing what you think of Finale!

    Jamie @ Books and Ladders

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had the series on my to read list for forever! I have a copy of it, but didn't want to start without having the other books! I have heard such wonderful things about it, and plan on reading it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad book 2 is really excellent. I haven't read it yet, but will definitely get to it this summer as I don't want to miss out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's probably a more satisfying read when our understanding of the characters changes from book to book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I very much disliked Tella in the first book but Legendary totally changed that for me. And Dante's moodiness is so dreamy XD

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!