Apr 22, 2019

This or That Bookish Tag: Stressful Edition

So here's another fun tag I saw over at JennReneeRead who saw it over at Read All the Things--who I borrowed this lovely picture from, but it originated over at Paper Fury! So there's a long stream of history for you!


SERIES OR STANDALONES?

I guess I prefer series! I like to stick with lovable characters for as long as possible!



MAGIC EARNED OR MAGIC BORN?

Magic born is probably my favorite. There's a learning curve (almost) regardless, but I guess I read more of the "have magical powers already" books that I am just used to it. I feel like it's harder to "earn" the magic and have the ability to use it.



ENEMIES TO LOVERS OR FRIENDS TO LOVERS?

Totally enemies to lovers. I guess there's just something about the "hate to love" romance that I can't seem to get over! I guess because the dynamics between them before the "loving" is more entertaining to me! Lol. And it doesn't need to be the full on enemy either, it can just be the general hate or dislike too!



LOVE TRIANGLE OR INSTA-LOVE?

Oh god, are we really going here? I guess if it's done right, or even wrong...I'd take the love triangle over the insta-love. Insta-love always feels fake or sketchy to me because it's like really? You love them after 5 minutes? And don't get me wrong, Disney does this with just one look, but they're Disney and they can do that. Lol.



KEYBOARD SMASH NAMES OR ALL NAMES BEGIN WITH THE SAME LETTER?

Wow! That's a doozie! I guess I'd rather have all names begin with the same letter! I just read one where two characters had the same letter name and it tripped me up. But I'd rather be able to say the name in my head then spend a good minute every time the character name Akshfujinpa pops up trying to interpret today's pronunciation! 



MEAN PARENTS OR DEAD PARENTS?

I guess I'd rather have dead parents. Mean/cruel parents is too harsh for YA reads. I mean, I get why they have to be cruel for the story and all. I guess I'd rather have no parents than a neglectful one!



SUPERMODEL LOOKS OR ALWAYS COMPLAINING ABOUT HOW "PLAIN" THEY ARE?

Man, we aren't pulling punches are we? Hmm...I guess I would honestly rather listen to them mention how "plain" they are. I mean, if you don't have the supermodel looks, you do tend to think about your flaws when the supermodels are thrown in your face time and time again.



 FACE OR TYPOGRAPHY ON COVER?

Face. I'd at least like to get an idea of the character I'm reading. Although, let's also hope that the cover artist peeps got it close to right too!




VILLAIN TURNING A LITTLE GOOD OR HERO TURNING A LITTLE BAD?

Oh, villain turning a little good. No question! I love a complicated villain! Captain Hook is one of my favorite examples!












2 comments:

  1. I don't worry about pronouncing names in my head, so with unfamiliar names I usually just look at the first letter--so it really messes me up if multiple characters start with the same letter!

    This is a fun tag, but I see why it's called "stressful"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this tag! Talk about having to choose the lesser evil! :-)

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!